Saturday, December 3, 2022

RSC, PHD, & Random Thoughts

RSC & PHD reports are easy. I didn't accomplish anything on either account. I've sewn a bit but there were no quilty finishes to speak of. However I did finish up these Mood socks. They were designed by Hunter Hammersen and published in her "Silk Road Socks" book. Remember those sweet slippers I knit a little while ago? Those were from the same book by the same Hunter! Never mind ... apparently I didn't post about them. Guess I'll have to take a few pictures to share later. Sheesh!

Anyway, the yarn I used was a skein that I won from Invictus through Very Busy Monkey.
One thing I did finish was the October block for Illusions Sampler. I don't care for the sideways rectangles in the outer border but that's what it's supposed to look like. My friend Sharon made hers with the rectangles angled the other way. No improvement there. Haha! Our blocks will look fine once all the blocks are assembled.


I also wanted to share a recipe for homemade bread. There's no kneading. There's only four or five ingredients. It's SUPER EASY! Oh yes, it also tastes wonderful! I got the recipe from Sherri's blog A Quilting Life. The recipe is called Easy Artisan Bread and it was created by Spend With Pennies. I loved that it was baked in my 10" cast iron skillet. Such a chewy crust  with a tender delicious middle. Try this recipe! Here's a picture of my Artisan Bread with homemade turkey soup with couscous.


That pretty much sums up my week. I hope you have a good weekend. I'll be driving to Cleveland for a funeral because my best friend's mother lost her 25-year-battle with breast cancer.

I'll be linking with Angela at SuperScrappy when I get a chance.

4 comments:

  1. Your socks are so impressive, and I bet they are cosy and warm! The sampler block looks labor intensive - it would take me a long time to complete that, too. The bread looks yummy! Have a safe trip - your friend will appreciate your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern on your socks, I mostly knit basic socks. The fabrics really have an effect on how the block looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks will certainly keep you toes toasty this winter. I am always fascinated with knitting, but I do not know anything about it. Can you complete a pair of socks from 1 skein of yarn? Your turkey soup looks so delicious. Perfect for a winter day. Safe travels and I will say a prayer for your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be a gorgeous quilt. You have chosen such pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete