Thursday, December 15, 2022

I Like Thursday #98

 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, even at Mom's house. I was there Wednesday and put up her tree. In the boxes was also her decorations for around the house including her beautiful pine cone wreath that she made long ago. Why did I not take any pictures??!! Maybe for next week's post. I have to go down to her house again Friday. The part for her furnace will be installed. Don't want Mom's furnace to go out, especially since that cold spell is dropping in on us right now as we speak!

My guild's Christmas part was Tuesday night. It had an Hawaiian theme and was so fun. We were encouraged to wear our Aloha attire so I grabbed one of Fred's shirts and wore it over a turtleneck. There was a picture station so I grabbed friends Cindy & Edie (also in appropriate attire) and "Shaka, Bruh!"

I made Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzels to share. A little time-consuming but very delicious. The recipe is HERE.

Piled them into a Christmas container and put them on the dessert table.

The food is always so yummy. Patti makes our brisket every year and everyone brings in something to share. Here's a look at my loaded plate with brisket, Asian salad, a kale salad(?), cheesy broccoli casserole, Italian salad, crudites, and praline sweet potatoes.

Those were big LIKES this week! Here's anoth super LIKE: My favorite cousin became a 1st-time Grandma this week!!!! Meet little Libby surrounded by her very happy parents! 8# 6oz of pure joy!

And speaking of babies, after coming home from Mom's I found a baby shower invitation in the mail. My previous neighbors, who moved to MS to take care of aging parents, are also going to be first-time grandparents too!!! The shower is next month and the baby boy is due in March. So happy for them!!

I liked watching the season finale of Survivor although Gabler was definitely not my choice to win. After winning, he disclosed that he's not going to keep the prize money but donate it to US Veterans, a noble cause. I still didn't want him to win and I hope this doesn't set a precedence for future winners. 'Nuff said.

This week the family starts coming in for the holidays. I like that but there's always a bit of stress in getting ready. Once things get under way it'll all be fun. We're meeting my nephew's girlfriend for the first time so that should be exciting. Hope the poor girl can stand all of us! Haha!

Please feel free to stop by HERE to see what others are sharing this week. This time of year usually means load\s of fun & happiness.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and yummy get together with your guild! Sweet baby, too - congratulations to all! Enjoy all the family coming in. We'll get to see my brother and SIL, plus one of their girls. Mom's pretty excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hawaii theme is so fun for the guild party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those PB pretzels look good. Yay for your cousin becoming a grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie - joining you from I Like Thursday today! Love the pillow in your header - did you make it? We are originally from Ohio and those Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzels sure caught my attention! Hoping your Christmas is more joyful than stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie! Oh, how sweet is little Libby?!! Merry Christmas, sweet girl. Oh how fun it will be to hold her as she sleeps over the holidays. A nice warm bundle of love! What a fun theme for your guild's party. It looks like it was quite fun. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete