Saturday, December 10, 2022

Not Much RSC

Since I returned from Cleveland, I haven't really sewn as much as I would have liked. Just mostly trying to get into the swing of things again. Mom will be coming up this afternoon and I know we'll have a "grand reunion"! Haha!

I did finish up the November block for Uptown while catching up on Blue Bloods before watching the season finale later. Here she is ... Another strange looking block but they should all blend together perfectly?

Earlier in the day I worked very hard at getting the Illusions Sampler November block completed too. The construction of the main part of the block was really cool. I think this would make a great block for RSC2023!


Yesterday I was so inspired by the I Like Thursday posts that I set about and made Snickerdoodle cookies. My recipe yesterday made 46 so they'll likely be gone before next week! Cookie Monster had nothing on this group! You can find my recipe HERE.

There were a lot of recipes shared on the I Like Thursday blog. LeeAnna prompted us with "Christmas/Hannukah Cookies" for this week. You can jump to her page with recipes HERE and then leap-frog to the other posts at the bottom of the page. Just scroll on down.

I'll leave you now with a sweet, sweet picture of our little Jakey. Just look at that hair! and that smile! and check out how that big toe is curled under to help hold him upright! Haha!


Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Your Uptown block has the look of a cactus in bloom, I think! The sampler block is a pretty one, too - looks very labor intensive. I've rediscovered a love for snickerdoodles, and yours look yummy! They wouldn't last long around here either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of Jakey! Very nice applique and I do love your Illusions block, the fabrics are lovely. Your cookies look delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that illusion block is perfect for the RSC. I'm impressed 46 cookies will last a week in your home. My husband would have those wiped in a couple days. They look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet baby face and tasty looking cookies! Beautiful work on your blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie, Thanks for sharing your recipe...everyone loves Snickerdoodles. You are right that that block would be a good choice for RSC. It is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. both your blocks are very different but fun in their own special way! I was thinking about making snickerdoodles for Christmas but haven't started my baking yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jakey is as as cute as a button. Aaah that sweet smile. Oh yum on the Snickerdoodles. Thank you so much for the yummy recipe. I do love baking this time of the year. Your blocks look amazing. I hope you had a very lovely visit with your mom. Have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you believe I have never had a snickerdoodle? Such a cute smile on wee Jakey. You are right, those are interesting blocks. The second one would be interesting for the RSC. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete