Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February Brings a Finish and PHD Report

Happy February 1st to all! The month where we celebrate Groundhog Day, St. Valentine's Day, President Lincoln's birthday, President Washington's birthday, and --- wait for it! --- MY birthday! Hahaha! This is usually a pretty good month for me.

Before February can officially begin, we must seal the deal on January and that means a PHD Report. 



It doesn't look all that good yet as I didn't finish any UFOs but if you look under STARTS you can see that I did have a finish! Also if you've followed me for a little bit, you know I'm getting close to finishing the top of Awesome Land and I only need to sew the back for the Rudolph pillow. But let's talk about the finish I did manage to achieve.

My friend Karla (who used to be my neighbor) invited me to her daughter's baby shower. I was thrilled to hear that Karla was going to be a first-time grandmother so happily accepted the invitation, especially since she told me to bring Mom along too. The shower was held at a local pizza shop and it was wonderful. We had salad, bread sticks, toasted ravioli, and mostaccioli. So delicious!

After looking over the gift registry, I knew I had the perfect fabrics to go with her nursery choices. I went to my Fat Quarter Baby Quilts book and decided on the James quilt. The directions were easy to follow and I had a quilt top in no time. Here's a link to where I last spoke of my quilting progress and now that's it's been gifted, I can show it to you. I regret to say that I was in such a hurry, I really didn't get any good pictures. It's been REALLY COLD around here lately too.
Freshly washed with all its crinkliness!

Looking sweet with a bit of red background

A peek at the backing which was also used on the front

Close-up of the blue orange peel quilting and a closer look at the fabrics
I love the blue gingham binding, as well

Couldn't resist a draping shot
We're holding this chaise for Karla for when she can move it

So that's my finish for January and I can start thinking about getting the Awesome Land top and Rudolph pillow finished!

Have a wonderful mid-week Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. What a super sweet baby quilt. I love the crinkly quilt after it has been laundered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet baby quilt! I like the pieced blocks interspersed with the solid squares. Pretty quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't you just love all that wonderful crinkliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Happy Birthday month. Life's too short so celebrate for 28 days. As it is, you got gypped with being born in a month with only 28 days instead of 30 or 31. Great finish on the baby quilt. It looks SO pretty on the chaise. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete