Thursday, February 16, 2023

I Like Thurs #106

I'm writing this early because my biggest LIKE this week will be retreating! Hopefully I'll have some good stuff to post at RSC on Saturday but who knows? Sometimes the gift of gab gets away from me! Ha!

First "like" this week is once again jigsaw puzzles. I finished off that 1000 piece one a couple weeks ago and found a couple of 1500 piece ones in Mom's basement. So I started one of them. Here's where it'll stay while I'm gone.

Monday I went to Mom's house. It was a beautiful, sunny day with temps in the lower 60s. I decided it was a good day for some yardwork. First I burnt last year's daylillies.

Then I cleaned out the window wells. That filled a small garbage can up to dump into the ginormous Yard Waste can. Since there was still room in the Yard Waste can, I decided to get a good start on cleaning out her iris bed. Carol @ From My Carolina Home says irises need space and fresh air to bloom well. It worked in my iris bed so I thought I'd treat Mom. You can see some are already coming up!

The cardinals have really been sporting some beautiful color. I caught a picture of this pretty one sitting on a bird feeder. So RED and I love cardinals!

Last Thursday I was at my LQS and won a FQ! Of course I chose a PINK one for Rainbow Scrap Challenge! Isn't it pretty with my pink placemat and coffee mug?

I'll close for now. Sorry I'll be MIA for a few days but just know that I'll be enjoying myself!

Have a great Thursday and check out what the others have shared HERE!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your FQ win. Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so kind of you to do the yard work for you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - a retreat. What fun! Ugh - we need to start working on the yard soon! Cardinals add such a splash of color to the yard. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your results using a Twisty tool in the last post...so pretty. It will be quite a while before I can get in the yard but you did so well and how nice to capture a cardinal as well. Enjoy yourself, time is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your retreat. You did so much work at your mom's. I'm sure it was much appreciated. Love the fat quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great likes! I was the recipient of someone's culling out iris beds and those grew the best in my yard! Back in maryland. Nothing much grows here in our part of colorado. Love your pink mat too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat, Susie. Sounds like you have been staying busy and how wonderful to get some chores completed for your dear mom. The cardinal is a beauty. Have a great weekend .

    ReplyDelete