Thursday, February 9, 2023

I Like Thurs #105

Happy Thursday and that means it's time to take a look at anything and everything that made us happy over the past week. If you look around, I'll bet you can find a few things that made you smile too! Thanks to our hostess LeeAnna, we can take a peek at what made fellow "Likers" happy too!

As for me I finished reading "The Midnight Library" by Matt Haig. What a good book! It's a real thinker without being a deep book. The main character Nora is likable and the story moves right along. I recommend this book!

Goodreads Synopsis

"The Midnight Library" was an e-Book so now I'm back to the library book I was reading before TML became available. That book was "The Bangalore Detectives Club" by Harini Nagendra. Luckily I was able to pick right up where I left off. That is always a good thing.

Goodreads Synopsis

If you follow along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, you will already know that February's color is pink. The other day, Gracie & I spied a pink full moon! Did you know that the full moon of February is called the "snow moon" according to the Old Farmers Almanac?


Our prompt this week deals with Valentine traditions, Valentine memories, or anything else Valentine-y. I'd just say that my Dad always bought my mother a big heart-shaped box of candy for Valentine's Day. My sister & I would get a smaller box of chocolates in a heart-shaped box. We loved the candy and we loved our dad. The tradition lives in my heart.

I'll leave you with a sweet video of our youngest grandson. It looks like he's trying to crawl but not that day! Haha!


And on that note, have a great Thursday! I'm off to my LQS for Rosemary's Tips & Techniques!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the little heart quilts in your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the video, you have a bull terrier! I watch them on youtube all the time, what clowns they are to make us laugh. A pink moon, I'd love that! I put the bangalore det. book on hold at our library. I gave up on the midnight library but the premise is intriguing for sure
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really sweet placemats in your header photo! I loved Midnight Library - wasn't that a good ending? Beautiful moon photo, too. Loved the video of your grandson - he's trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your heart placemats! I really enjoyed the Midnight Library too. I read it at a low time in my life and it helped me work through a few things. I'd like to read it again now and see if it still touches me in the same way. I highly recommend it also. Good to know it is audible now. Your grandson is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those placemats in the header are pretty cool (looks like lots of people agree with me!). The Midnight Library was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, your grandbaby is adorable. He will be crawling all over the place very soon. What sweet memories of your dad gifting Valentine's chocolates. My grandmother used to do the same; thank you for bringing back a sweet memory for myself as well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great photo of the pink moon. I like the idea of "snow moon". Your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful PINK moon photo!! He'll be crawling before you know it and then comes pulling up and he'll be getting into all kinds of trouble! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Rosemary’s quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete