Thursday, February 23, 2023

I Like Thursday #107

It's Thursday and you know what that means! We bloggers like to share happy things on our blogs because we believe happy thoughts make happy lives. We share on LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color and you can see what we all liked this week right here.

My first "like" this past week has to be I LIKE RETREATS! If you know me, I didn't even have to say this out loud. Haha! I left for four wonderful days on Valentine's Day. One of the retreaters, my friend Carol, made these tasty heart sugar cookies. She said we were her Valentines. Sweet ... and delicious! I heartily ate my fair share of these! *wink*

Of course a retreat post can't go without a few quilty pictures. Enjoy!

Karen's

Edna's

Kathy's

Gwen's for a Dallas fan

Carol's

Gwen's for an LSU fan

Millie's

Karen's

What did I accomplish?

Two more words in the Letters to Santa QAL

A Chubby Charmer tote for me

I also quilted Twisted Valentine which I'll be sharing over the weekend.

So what about more LIKES?

Making progress on my jigsaw puzzle

Blue Vera Bradley Mini Hipster Purse
(my Christmas present from my son & family)

I love Sanders from Costco but
Fred found these heart Sanders
for my Valentine's Day

It was my birthday this week
and Polly loved my boxes.
My! What shiny eyes you have!

The beginning of a couple of crocuses


I'll leave you with  another photo of a beautiful cardinal. He practically matches my neighbor's barn-red houe.

Be sure to stop by Not Afraid of Color's blog where you can find more to like!

5 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty creations seen at your retreat! Glad you had fun. Those heart shaped chocolates look yummy! Love the crocuses and cardinal, too - so pretty. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodies and good times... I sure miss quilting retreats! We all used to bring snacks for the snack table, that always had a gaggle of quilters around it. Score on the purse! and happy birthday.... month! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... home made sugar cookies are the best! I love all the quilt pictures. Sounds like a good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing your embroidered Snowmen finish, Susie. What a great post this one is too. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful quilts. Ideas galore! I have a Vera bag too, mine is black with a little flower print. Home made sugar cookies...making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete