Monday, February 20, 2023

May I Present Mr. McChill Meets Purina - 2022 Finish

 

I was reluctant to share this completed project earlier because it was being submitted to Primitive Gatherings 2022 Red & White Challenge. No sooner did I finish but I put it straight into the mail the next day. It was shown on the Stitch with Lisa YouTube video. If you skip to 5:30 on the YouTube video you'll see it but I recommend watching the entire show. There are some really outstanding quilts shown!

So, let's talk about Frosty MeChill aka Mr. McChill. The embroidery designs were created and freely shared by Melisa on her Pinker 'n' Punkin blog. She's quite talented when it comes to designing embroidery and cross-stitch projects. Here's the link to what started my journey - Block 1. You can easily find the rest on her blog.



I wasn't sure how I wanted to set all 12 of my blocks. Melisa set hers 3 x 4 and made a lap quilt. I knew I wanted a wall hanging from my blocks so I ended up with a 4 x 3 setting and then making bazillion scrappy 4-patches, lining them all around each block and also the entire project.


Next I needed to figure out how to quilt the blocks and it needed to be done quickly. I decided to use a snowflake design that I'd seen on Lori Kennedy's blog. I chose single lines rather than over the entire embroidered blocks after ditch-stitching around each block.
Here's a picture of the back to give you a little better idea of how I quilted it.


No quilt is complete without the label so here it is. Nothing fancy -- I had to get this thing off in the mail to make the deadline!

Thank you, Melisa, for such a fun project. Thanks also goes to Lisa Bonjean for hosting the Red & White Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Your bazillion red and white 4 patches make a fabulous border for the Frosties, Susie! I like your quilting, too. Love this finish!

    ReplyDelete