Thursday, February 15, 2024

I Like Thursday #138

Howdy to all of you! I got quite a few compliments on my horses embroidery. Thank you all so very much. I am loving working on these weekly Red Threads blocks but I am a couple weeks behind. I'm sure I'll catch up all in good time. The next few seem to be botanical so not as exciting as the critter blocks. Lol!

Look what I finished Tuesday, February 13th! Just in time!!


The pattern is from Primitive Gatherings and is wool applique on flannel. It is soft and beautiful. It was also a lot of stitching. The real problem that had me taking so long to finish though was the "Covered Zipper" backing that I wanted to make. Lisa Bonjean of Primitive Gatherings has a tutorial but I seem to be allergic to sewing zippers. I get so nervous because I'm very unsure of myself. It turned out pretty good and I'm thrilled to call it a 2024 finish!

Sunday, February 11, I spied this fellow, a sweet bluebird of happiness. Also just in time for Valentine's Day. He was perched on our back deck railing. Isn't he gorgeous??!!


Recently I've acquired a silly "Like". Every morning I look forward to watching a "Matlock" rerun. Andy Griffith just makes me smile. He seems like one of the most personable fellows ever, to me.

Yesterday and today I will be enjoying my "bestest like" -- retreating with friends and fellow quilters. I'm home in the late afternoon to watch Jeopardy at 4:30 with Mom & Fred. After sleeping in my own bed, I'm heading out the next morning to take up where I left off the day before. Isn't that a most splendid way to spend a day?

I hope you have the most splendid day yourself. Don't forget to appreciate those around you and don't forget to love yourself.

Sharing with others at Not Afraid of Color.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! WOWEE! That blue bird of happiness is gorgeous and quite timely. What a thrill to see it already in mid-February! I watch Matlock every morning, too. I adore Andy Griffith. He just seems like a nice man (I enjoy Diagnosis Murder, too). I hope you're enjoying the stay-at-home retreat. That sounds like it's more up my alley - I don't sleep well away from home or some nights, not even at home. Beautiful job on Hoover's pillow. Now you've conquered zippers without issue. Next time you won't be as nervous. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Hoover pillow, Susie! That's great - and I think you can leave it out all year. Hope you're having a blast at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that needlework flower. What a fat bluebird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow looks fabulous, Susie! I think I would keep it out year round. Aaah that darling bluebird. Spring is on it's way. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my fave Andy Griffiths memories is of him in Mayberry, sitting on his porch playing guitar and singing down in the valley
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, your own bed is so good!

    ReplyDelete