Thursday, February 1, 2024

I Like Thursday #136

Happy February, everyone! Red & pink, roses, flowers, candy, love. That's what February brings ... along with my birthday later in the month. Short & sweet, I like February and this year we get an extra February day because 2024 is leap year!

Apparently it's Girl Scout cookie days. These sweet little Daisies were hawking their wares at the front of our subdivision the other day. Did I stop? Of course I did. I thought the stand with these sweet smiles were ingenious selling points. That and I was a Girl Scout leader so I know how important cookie-selling is to the girls. I had a $20 bill on me and the cookies are now up to $6/box!!!! Yup, came home with three boxes.


I had a couple of old-ish apples so I made my own version of apple pie filling and topped our Dutch Baby breakfasts with it along with a side of bacon. I'm sure I've shared the recipe before but you can find the Dutch Baby recipe HERE. We like these for breakfasts and look forward to strawberry season. Fresh strawberries on a Dutch Baby is a favorite around here.


One of our dinners this week was Sara's Sunday Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy, served with oven-roasted broccoli & carrots.

This dinner was tasty and easy -- two things that make a great meal in my opinion. A few modifications I made and will make next time. She called for 1.5# mushrooms. I was afraid that would be too much for us so I used 1# mushrooms and 2-3 stalks of celery. Man, was that a good sub. It made for such a fresh flavor! I won't use so much butter time. While delicious, I felt it was a little greasy. This recipe made LOTS of gravy and I froze some for a tenderloin that we cook another time!

Our prompt this week was what do we look for in a spouse/friend. I would say a sense of humor, a sense of adventure, and a desire to take care of others. Sharing a life together, whether talking spouse or good friend, requires understanding and accepting each other's needs and wants. It must be 50/50. Wow! Deep thoughts and that's enough from me! Lol!

I hope you've managed to have a good week and are looking forward to the week ahead. Head over to Not Afraid of Color to find more fun things!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm... Dutch babies are delicious! Bacon goes well with apples (heck - it goes well with just about everything). Wow - those Girl Scout cookies have gotten expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Girl Scout cookies, but yikes - $6 a box! I'll have to have some anyway, lol! That pork tenderloin meal sounds yummy - thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made Dutch Baby last week and I love them! I can never say no to Girl Scout Cookies! Your dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite enjoy seeing recipes on blogs...besides making my mouth water, it always gives me ideas and I still even at my age, seem to need that. THanks for sharing. Everything is skyrocketing it seems. I guess just a matter of time for the Girl Scout cookies. Good with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete