Saturday, February 17, 2024

Friday Night Sew-In

Friday Night Sew-In was tonight. I thank Wendy for getting us together every third Friday of the month. This month it lands really early but that's fine with me. My Friday night sewing started early too but it was right on time Australian time! Every Friday I take Mom to the hairdresser and I take something to sew on during that hour or so. My Red Threads embroidery project is my "ole reliable" on Fridays.

In order to be ready, first thing Friday morning I traced out my block. Good thing because new blocks post on Fridays! Yup, officially a week behind again! Haha! I took my project bag with me to the hairdresser's.

I continued later in the evening while watching Laundry Basket Quilt's Wednesday YouTube video and then Primitive Gatherings' Thursday YouTube video. Made pretty good progress.


If you look closely, you can see that there is plenty more to go.

On the RSC Red front, you may or may not have seen that I finished my Valentine pillow just in time -- on February 13th. Of course it's red!


At this month's Quilt Club, I shared my Valentine table runner. My friend Connie brought it to my attention that it was posted on the LQS's FaceBook page.


I got to thinking this week. I'm supposed to be making more pineapple blocks! EEK! I need to get busy!

We got 4" of snow yesterday. It was forecast for maybe 1-2"  with nothing going to stick due to warm roads so our snow crews were not prepared. It is very unusual for our subdivision to not be plowed OR salt treated. Gracie and I still managed a mile and a half walk this morning though and BRRRRR! Was it ever cold again!


Have a great Presidents' Day weekend! I'll be snuggled up indoors wRhile seeing what the RSC quilters were up to this week right HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Such pretty red projects!! We got the opposite snowfall - predicted to get 4" and only saw 1-2".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow stitchers always have a project with them to work on while they wait! Valentines day was well decorated at your house! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely runner and cushion ... I love working in reds, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible Valentine pillow, Susie! LOVE that heart table runner, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice embroidery design and your pillow is sweet. Better get a move on with those pineapples! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were all set for Valentine's Day with your pretty runner and cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie! I love your heart table runner - it looks quite festive in the banner on your website. Ugg to more snow. We missed that last snowstorm and had ice instead. It's been such an odd winter. 60 degrees today and mid-30s tomorrow. It's nice that you have a hand project to work on while your Mom gets her hair done. I used to spend my Fridays like that! Treasure those moments - they slip away too quickly. Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete