Saturday, March 2, 2024

End of RSC Red and a Good FNwF

Just noticed it's been longer than I thought since I've posted. Time sure flies when you're busy, doesn't it? Wish I could say it's because I was so absorbed in sewing but I can't complain. Some of my time has been with various quilt clubs so that's good.

Earlier this week I remembered all about the pineapple quilt I've been working on. I started it last year with RSC and was half finished by the end of 2023. I quickly whipped out my red bin and got to work. Actually finished in them on the 29th -- Yay! for Leap Year! These were, in fact, finished in February. (I just saw that March's color is PURPLE!)
Last night was Friday Night with Friends. Earlier in the day at various appointments with Mom, I got a good start on one of the embroideries for Red Thread. These are so nice and portable, just what I need.
After dinner I settled in behind the cutting table and sewing machine and got a good start on February's first of 2 blocks for the Vintage Christmas SAL at my LQS. I'm making the 12" blocks and will need 25 to make a large quilt so 2 per month with an extra thrown in somewhere ought to do it. I've decided not to use Lori Holt fabric. I'm pretty sure I've got enough scraps to get this done. *wink*

Please hop on over to the links below to see what the other makers have been working on. There's a lot of fabulous projects underway! Have a great weekend!

FNwF: Cheryll at Gone Stitchin'

RSC: Angela at So Scrappy

9 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see all of your pineapples together! Great to have hand stitching to do while you wait. Fun sew along too. Maybe it will be done in time for Christmas. Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mom is doing well, Susie. Glad you had some time to work on your pineapples this week - they're great in red! Cute block for your Christmas SAL, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your fun and funky Pineapple blocks in RED!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your pineapples....and such a good idea to use what you have...It's handy to have hand sewing ready to go for such trips....looking forward to seeing more of your embroidery project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty red pineapples. Nice to have some portable work when sitting around waiting for appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see some more pineapples Susie. Pretty embroidery and Christmas star. Enjoy some purple. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scrappy Christmas quilt looks good - can't beat a star block of any kind. But of course I'm still loving those curved pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy March, Susie. You do have some fabulous projects in the works. I am fascinated by the pineapples. They are gorgeous in red. Wishing a a wonderful week of quilting and stitching. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of your pineapple blocks. So glad you pulled that out of the WIP bin. They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete