Saturday, March 16, 2024

RSC Purple and Miscellany

Good news & bad news. First the good news: My marked and pinned quilt went from this ....


to this ...
I have to wad it up and cover the machine due to a certain kitty that lives here. Lol! Anyway, you can see on the back that Baptist fans are being quilted along. Progress is always good news.

Now the bad news: I'm quilting this upstairs on my piecing machine because, as I was cleaning my other sewing machine to prepare it for actual quilting, a piece flew out! Aaron, my Bernina guy, will be by to pick the machine up on Tuesday for a cleaning & repair. So while my upstairs machine is tied up with quilting, the piecing has been put on hold.

I did manage to make a little more progress on my purple pineapples this week. Two pineapples are ready to be joined with the middle piece and one pineapple needs its parts trimmed and then joined.


There have been appointments this week so there was time to embroider a little also. First a picture of my latest Red Thread block.

Love this little bird!

Here are a couple blocks that I think I forgot to show you. The little girl was supposed to be some random little girl from the original antique quilt. I decided to personalize my quilt with a depiction from one of my favorite pictures of my daughter as a little girl. I think I'll probably embroider her name underneath.


Pretty Flower
Did you all have a good Pi(e) day on Thursday, March 14 (3.14)? I made up a chocolate cream pie in its honor. A family favorite with the graham cracker crust!

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. We will be having the traditional dinner of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. We will also be having Irish Soda Bread for breakfast. It just came out of the oven and this house smells so DELICIOUS!

I highly recommend Ina Garten's recipe. We use raisins instead of currants. Just before baking but after the X is cut with a knife, I brush the top with a little leftover buttermilk and sprinkle on turbinado sugar. I can't wait for breakfast in the morning! So yummy toasted up and schmeared with butter!!!

Wishing everyone a lucky St. Pat's Day and "may the sun shine warm upon your face". Have a wonderful weekend!


Linking up with the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters HERE.



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry your quilting machine broke down - right when you needed it! Hope it's not a hard fix. Those pineapples will be pretty in purple! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so annoying about your second machine, hope it is not away for too long. Your quilting is coming along nicely and at least you have made a start on your pineapples. Lovely embroidery and what a great idea to use a picture of your daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, losing a piece from your sewing machine does not sound good. Luckily it will be fixed shortly for you. I love your little embroideries, and yum, doesn't the baking look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting your quilt to the quilting stage, Susie, but I'm sorry that it came at the price of your machine needing a repair! You do beautiful stitch work. I'm impressed at your ability to personalize the Little Girl block with a likeness of your daughter! Looking forward to seeing those PURPLE Pineapple blocks come together. Here's hoping your technician can get the machine back to you soon so the "piecing machine" is freed up to fulfill its function!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for a second sewing machine while one is under the weather. At least you can still sew! I love the fan quilting on your gorgeous quilt! That Irish sida bread is making my mouth water! I may need to try that recipe. Your embroideries are always a sight to behold. The one of your daughter is precious ! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete