Thursday, March 14, 2024

I Like Thursday #140

Good morning and Happy Pi Day! Will you be making a pie to celebrate the occasion? I've got a chocolate cream pie in  mind for this household! I'll need to get going on it because the longer it chills, the better it tastes.

Spring has started to show her lovely face. Even houseplants notice the longer days and warmer temps. Here's a picture of my spiderwort. Check out that pretty purple flower!
We were proudly informed that our nephew has passed the next phase of his training in the USAF. Congratulations!!!!
A quilt top that I marked for quilting finally got pin-basted. Let the actual quilting begin!
I spy a bit of purple!
The Senior Center held its monthly luncheon last week. We dined on corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. We even got a cupcake for dessert. And while the meal and camaraderie were terrific, the entertainment stole the show. Seven ladies performed Irish dancing!!!
This young lady is 6th in the country!

She dances tall & proud

This one is a beginner.
Old & young enjoying this art

Even the very young

High stepping

Having so much fun!
I've got a few recipes to share but they'll have to wait until next week. I hope you have a grand Thursday. If you need a pick-me-up, visit LeeAnna's blog to catch up on even more reasons to be happy!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your nephew and many thanks to him for his service! Your quilt is beautiful. How exciting to have it on the frame and ready to go. The luncheon and entertainment sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo at the top of your blog! So pretty and Spring-y! We're having a snow event today, so everything is white. The luncheon at the senior center sounds yummy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good stuff. Yay for a basted quilt. Aren't those Irish step dancers amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photos of the Irish dancers - so pretty! And I read the post above with the picture of the Soda Bread! We just happened into a bakery on Saturday and picked up a loaf, rreshly baked. Yes, so good schmeared with butter! Joining you from I Like Thursday.

    ReplyDelete