Thursday, March 21, 2024

I Like Thursday #141

Here we are on another Thursday and I will share a few things that I've "liked" this week.

My Lenten Rose is grateful that I cleaned out and clipped back the dead growth from last year. It practically jumped for joy overnight and made flowers!



My daffodils have been making quite a show around here too. I clipped a few before some expected storms so we could enjoy some blooms in the house.
My birthday gift from my BFF arrived late due to out-of-stock status. I love this coffee mug especially when enjoying  it with a slab of Irish Soda Bread!
The mug reads: I Wish We Lived Next Door
We could also add "Again" to the end of that!

Recipes around here have produced some delicious meals. I can't remember exactly which ones I've shared and which ones I haven't. Here are three delicious ones that were declared good in our house. Sorry to say I forgot to take pictures.

"Easy Coleslaw Dressing" from All Recipes was good in my opinion. Mom agreed but Hubby didn't care for the mayo base. Along with coleslaw that night, I saw Today Show's Dylan Dreyer make "Dylan's Oven Baked Ribs" so I grabbed her recipe. WINNER! Do you like Asian food? I tried Pioneer Woman's "Sticky Crispy Orange Shrimp". In the intro, Ree says this recipe is based on a similar recipe only using chicken so I decided to make this recipe with chicken. I had 2 large boneless breasts and chopped them into shrimp-sized pieces and then followed the recipe. It was also delicious and this entire household approved.

I finally finished "The Ink Black Heart" by Robert Galbraith. It was good but it was LOOONNNGGG. I only read 15-20 pages a 24-hour period. It was hard to remember some details over that much time since this book was over 1000 pages. I will say, for the most part, I enjoyed reading it.


Finished with this book, I downloaded an eBook from my local library. I really like reading on my Nook. "Holly" by Stephen King had become available for me so there was no choice to be made. I know the main character, Holly Gabney, from other Stephen King books so it was a relief to pick up with her storyline again. I'm not too far in but let me say that Stephen King has my undivided attention ... so far!
Synopsis from GoodReads

What a great week I had! Please join the others if you'd like some TV-viewing, book-reading, cooking, gardening, or otherwise interesting I Like Thursday posts HERE

3 comments:

  1. Pretty daffodils. We only see the green peeking through - although the crocuses are starting to bloom. That crispy orange shrimp/chicken looks good! Lots of good stuff. Ink Black Heart was a huge book - congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty! The sticky orange shrimp sounds yummy, too. It's interesting how some books are slow reads and some you can't put down. I've never read ay Stephen King, but my husband and sons really like his books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caught up on your posts, Susie. Love the Irish Soda Bread and thanks for sharing info about it. Enjoyed seeing your embroideries and progress on your quilting. Your mug is cute and I can't believe the bloom you have in your garden already. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete