Saturday, February 3, 2024

RSC Red & FNwF (not)

February is underway and Angela chose red for this month. Do you know what Paczkis are? They are sweet, deliciously-filled Polish doughnuts that are only available in my neck of the woods for about 2 weeks before Ash Wednesday. Mom & I stopped at the grocery store yesterday after her hair appointment on the off chance that Paczkis might be starting to show up. Yay!!! We found some!
Check out that lovely RED & white box!!!

Recently I  decided to join a Lori Holt Vintage Christmas SAL -- can you believe I'm joining in with yet another SAL??? Haha! Of course one Christmas color is red and I dug through my scraps for suitable scraps for this project. Two blocks were chosen for those wanting to participate with 12" blocks which is what I've decided to work on. Last night all I managed to do was cut out one block but I plan on getting both sewn up this weekend. They're due at the 10am monthly meeting on Monday. No point getting it finished up too early, right?

See the red poking out?

I was also waiting to see about joining in with the Friday Night with Friends group. I guess our hostess forgot or was busy. I have to say 1st Friday was pretty early this month so it very easily could have slipped her mind. I did work a little on a Red Threads embroidery block. Progress is progress, right?

I know, my Red Threads is NOT red

In case you didn't catch my I Like Thursday post a couple of days ago, I did finish my Valentine table runner. It's so bright & cheerful and RED! I put in on my header! Scroll back up to see it!

I'll be linking up with Angela this morning, joining in with fellow RSC quilters. See other RSC posts HERE. I hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I've never had a Paczki, but they look very tasty! Have fun with your QAL - a Christmas quilt sounds like the perfect thing to work on as the year goes on. Maybe it will be done for Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to get your red RSC done! I am not sure what happened re FNWF...but I just went ahead and sewed and did the post anyway like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful header. I looked at your embroidered piece close up as I wanted to see the pattern. Beautiful stitching, btw and pretty background fabric. I will enjoy seeing vintage Christmas blocks. It's great to have a variety of projects, each to suit a mood, is the way I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your runner looks great and those doughnuts look delicious too. Some of us sewed along so you were in good company - signups for next Friday are open now. Good luck with those blocks, nothing like a deadline. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paczki are new to me. They look very tempting. You look in good shape to have those first blocks finished in time for Monday's meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that new Valentine runner! Perfect choice this month for you blog header. I have a really hard time resisting new SALs too.

    ReplyDelete