Saturday, January 27, 2024

Quick Check-In

Just a quick check-in this morning. I'm retreating with friends I haven't sewed with since September! It's a very kind group and it does me good to sew with them. You may recall me talking about this retreat in particular -- I go home to sleep in my own bed with two full days of sewing on either end.

So what am I working on in Mascoutah? I had every intention of seriously working on the paper-pieced sashing for Red Threads. I had a whole basket full of triangles for the job. However I needed more background fabric cut to be sure I had plenty to work on. UGH! I cannot find that fabric!!!! Has this happened to you? I guess when I cleaned up for the holiday company it got put away in a safe spot. So what's a girl to do? I pulled out a UFO from a LOOOOONNNGG time ago that was started at a guild workshop. No pictures because it's still at retreat & I'm home but pictures to come.

Anyway, my RSC green month didn't really materialize. Here is a start to that Pine Tree Point table runner that I wanted to make. (Pattern by Bonnie Hunter.) I'll get it finished one day because I really want to make this.
I did, however, finish my Heartstrings table runner. (Pattern by June Pease, kit by Itch'n To Be Stitch'n.) I set it out on the dining room buffet. I love it, especially the supplied backing. I think the whole thing turned out so sweet!
Finished at 12"x 48"

Oh! I love that sweet backing fabric

I've kept up with the Twilight Stars QAL.


And I finally finished the Red Threads block from last week. That was a lot of stitching! I understand the next one, which is a cute Mama & Baby Horse, is another one that'll take quite a while to do.
As we are getting close to the end of the month, it wouldn't surprise me to find Angela announcing the RSC color for February. Check out all the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge makers' projects HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Your heartstrings tablerunner is lovely - and that backing fabric too pretty to be hidden! Enjoy the rest of your retreat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at your retreat, whatever you work on, Susie! Your heart tablerunner is adorable. You finished that just at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the new colour of red has been announced, it's always good go know so we can get planning. I love your pretty little stitchery block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life happens and we get to the things we need to at the right moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heart runner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table runner and sweet stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love a retreat…I get lots done and so fun to spend time with our sewing friends. More pretty stars! How many are in the quilt? Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, your runner. Yes.
    I also really like the stripes for the next runner. I'm curious to see how you'll finish it.
    I'm currently knitting a UFO... I want to hurry because I actually want to sew again :-)) But a UFO that has been started again should be finished, right?
    Many greetings to you and have fun with your fabrics.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you, already done with your February TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry!! I know you surely must have enjoyed your retreat. No matter the project you were working on!!

    ReplyDelete