Saturday, January 20, 2024

RSC and Other Things

After such a great run on getting my Uptown top sewn together, there was only a little machine sewing this week. Part of the problem has been I can't seem to find the right backing fabric. I still need to cut and sew the borders on to enlarge it to queen-size. The borders will be the same dark green as the setting triangles which is also the same green used in the all the blocks.

Last week's Red Threads embroidery block was pretty intense. I didn't finish it but I have downloaded this week's. It's really sweet -- a mother & baby horse. I'm looking forward to stitching that one up. Not to mention finishing up The Old Mill embroidery from this week. Pictures to follow when finished, of course.

Twilight Stars is staying on track. Here are this week's blocks. I still have a few weeks to catch up on one day from when we were on vacation.


What good is a week if I don't start a new project? Oh my, I can't believe I put this pressure on myself!!! Lol! At Quilt Club at my LQS, I bought a Valentine's Day table runner kit. It's a nice size -- about 12" x 48". Here's a shot at the background. There are still four red hearts that need to be fused down in the center of the blocks.
And because I almost ran out of handwork to keep my hands busy during Mom's twice/week P/T and once/week hairdresser appointment and also while watching the Australian Open tennis tournament, I started a wool applique pillow. Bought the kit several years ago. Wouldn't it be nice to have it finished in time for Valentine's Day?


It's almost time to bundle up to get Gracie out for her walk. Last checked, it's 2 degrees and quite frosty outside (Feels Like -15 degrees). We haven't really had much snow -- maybe a total of a little over an inch? -- but the cold has lasted so long that the pond is quite frozen over. Gracie doesn't mind the cold but she gets a little impatient at how long it takes a human being to get ALL the clothes on before leaving the house!

Have a lovely weekend. We're supposed to warm up finally and actually get into the 40s this week. Break out the bermudas! haha!

Linking up with all my RSC friends on Angela's blog SoScrappy HERE. Take a peek and see if you can find some inspiration!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Susie, you are moving your projects along. I too am moving between a few projects just now but it is keeping me very engaged which is a good thing. I love that wool applique you are working on. I have a Bonnie Sullivan kit too that will appear next month. It is good to not get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making good use of that wait time at your mom's PT and hair appointments. The valentine runner looks like it's going to be very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would be able to resist that Valentine runner either! I love red/white/pink together. Brrr - fingers crossed that you warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Uptown top is beautiful, and I love the wool appliqué. I haven’t done any appliqué in years. It’s cold here too but nowhere near the temps you’re having, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I applaud you for getting out in the frigid weather! Awfully cold here too. We don’t have a pup that needs to be walked, so we’ve been inside mostly. Our granddaughter and her guy shoveled twice for us this week. Thank goodness for that! Oh, love the Valentine runner and the wool heart. It’ll be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Uptown top looks gorgeous and I love the Valentine's Day Runner, I'm a sucker for red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Uptown top is just lovely and the green perfect for the border etc. Love the table runner and your pretty star blocks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are looking good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great valentines projects! You should be able to finish both by Feb 14th. I’m looking forward to seeing all of your stats together! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete