Thursday, January 11, 2024

I Like Thursdays #134

I donated my doll quilt this week and made the shop's FaceBook page. I liked donating it, but not so sure about my picture! Hahaha! I also like that my friend Connie was the one to point out to me that my picture had been posted.

Lately there have been some beautiful sunrises. Sorry to bore you but here are a couple more pictures from earlier this week.


Polly went to the vet this week to get her teeth cleaned. I like making sure our pets are kept in good health but I didn't like the bill afterwards. Lol! Polly didn't like any part of it.


I started reading "The Ink Black Heart" by Robert Galbraith, aka J. K. Rowling. It's the 5th in the Cormoran Strike series. I'm enjoying it although some of it is beyond my comprehension. I don't have Twitter and there's a lot of chatter within that app in the book. I've just past 250 pages so I'm 25% of the way through. It's a VERY long book.


In the kitchen, there have been a couple of good things worth mentioning. My mom donated to Boys Town in the past and receives booklets periodically from them. There are usually 4 in a mailing: a Farmers' Almanac, Readers' Best Recipes, puzzles, and one other that I can't remember. Anyway I made "Third-Generation Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting" and it was yummy. Not sure how to share that recipe with you though.

One morning on TV I watched a cook make something delicious only to find out that her recipe could be found in the NYTimes and you need a subscription for their recipes now. She mentioned that she has also published cookbooks so I immediately went to my library website and checked out two: "Dinner in an Instant" and "Comfort in an Instant". I chose these books because they pertain to the Instant Pot with alternative slow cooker methods for most. I tried her Classic Boeuf Bourguignon and it was a winner all around! I also made her Maple Chile-Glazed Sweet Potatoes for Mom & me. We loved it! Sweet and spicy just like us! Lol!! Both recipes happened to be from "Dinner in an Instant". I recommend looking for these cookbooks. I'll be trying other recipes from them and I'll keep you posted.

On the television front, we're still watching our NHL team, the St. Louis Blues. We're looking forward to the start of the Australian Open on Sunday. Have you caught the new game show on Tuesday nights yet? It's called The Floor and we've enjoyed watching that one too. Other than football, there's not much else on that interests us. Mom enjoys Perry Mason reruns. Yowsa!

I'll be joining the others (late, yes) sharing the things that have interested us this week and that we've liked. C'mon over and see what others have shared right HERE!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! Perry Mason reruns?!! Yowza is right although I do remember my parents watching him when I was young. Really young. HAHA! I like the show, The Floor, too. It's different and fun to play along. Congrats on being featured for your doll quilt. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little quilt. Love the color of the sunrises! Yeah - the chatter on the Ink Black Heart took some wading through. I just finished the latest book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your photo with the baby quilt is great, Susie! Beautiful sunrise, too - I never get tired of those. Thanks for the cookbook recommendation, too - I just went and put it on my hold list at our library!

    ReplyDelete