Saturday, January 13, 2024

RSC #2 and Little Doll Quilt Beauty Shots

Angela chose dark & bright greens for our January Rainbow Scrap Challenge color. I pulled out my bin of green strings and decided it would be good inspiration pictured in my heading. I would like to make Bonnie Hunter's Pine Tree Point pattern, table runner size though. That is one goal for me this month. I need to make it happen ... er, at least get a start on it.

Last week I mentioned that I also wanted to get my Uptown blocks put together. I got the dark green setting and corner triangles cut out one afternoon and then I thought I'd get the blocks laid out. I won't be able to lay it out exactly like the antique quilt that it's based upon because my first 12 applique blocks have one background and the other 8 have another background. This situation arose because I ran out of the first background fabric.

Next I gathered up the 12 leaf blocks. Oops! I completely forgot that I was thinking about making the leaves scaled a bit larger than the original. Now I notice that I did exactly that on 3 of the blocks but the other 9 are the original size. I got out the pattern to see how I could arrange both differences (backgrounds & leaf sizes) into something that looks like I did it on purpose. Then I started arranging blocks.

Disregard the line -- it's the edge of the rug

OK, that looks good. Then I started sewing the blocks together.
Polly-approved!
The blocks are all sewn together. I hope to get the rows sewn together this week!

Another goal I had was to donate my doll quilt, which I did on Monday. Before I did though, I took some Finish Photos.


First finish of 2024!
Such a sweet little quilt. The finished size is approximately 13.5" x 18". Sewn with partial seams, so fun!

I finished this week's two designated Twilight Stars blocks from the Primitive Gatherings QAL.
And I also finished this week's block from the Red Threads SAL.

I'd say that pretty much sums up my week. Hope you had a productive week as well!

Thank you, Angela, for hosting our linking party HERE!


6 comments:

  1. Your Uptown blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt, Susie! The rest of us can't even tell there's a size difference in some of the leaves. I love those Twilight Stars blocks, too. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree, a very productive week indeed! I so love seeing the array of lovely projects you are working on. I have to be careful as I want to do the same things it seems. I'll say again that Doll Quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute doll quilt. So many pieces! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly did have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did very well with your different backgrounds & sizes....it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie! You've been very productive this year! I love the doll quilt. Easy but so bright and friendly looking. Someone will adore it! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete