Saturday, April 20, 2019

FNSI, Bloomers, and Tiny Tuesday

Good morning! The weatherman has given us the prediction of a beautiful Easter weekend with chance of rain again ALL NEXT WEEK! And so Spring begins ....

Tuesday the Tiny Tuesday block was revealed and wow! Was it ever a cute one!!! Special thanks to Mari at The Academic Quilter for bringing us the spinner block directions! I downloaded the directions and set to sewing on TUESDAY!!!
I want to thank my friend Diane W. for sharing oodles of polka dot fabrics with me. She generously gave me a Jumbo Baggy filled to the rim with fabric and they were all polka dots! Some of her gifted fabrics make up this block. You're sure to see a lot of dots from me over the next few months!

While I was at the sewing machine, I figured I could also put the border on the previous churn dash block.
From this ....

To this!
I was also looking forward to sewing with my global friends over at Friday Night Sew-In. I knew I'd better get some prep work done first. I also knew the Bloomers Party would be Saturday so that made up my mind on what I would be doing on Friday night. Catch what the other FNSI ladies were doing here. Wendy hosts a lovely party every month from Australia and we stitchers gather monthly from all over the world. Such talent and generosity!!!
I matched fabric with pattern and interfacing pieces. Then I sewed around all the pieces in the afternoon. Isn't this a lovely pile?

So what did I do all Friday night while watching the Cardinals play baseball? Turned them all right side out and got them finger pressed. Here are the individual parts per block.
Block #9
Block #10


Block #11
Block #12












So now to add the stems and press these to the background blocks. I'll certainly be busy stitching it all down between this weekend and the first weekend in May when the next Bloomers Party will happen!

One last thing. I thought I'd share this picture with you from my walk yesterday. I just love these little umbrella plants. They make me wonder if they  could have once been an inspiration for some of David Chihuly's artworks. 
Have a Happy & Blessed Easter!

Linking up with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' for the Bloomer Party here and Em at So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday here .

9 comments:

  1. Lots of great sewing in your post, I've just found your blog from your visit to mine.....so I'm off to have a read now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely stuff happening! I am going on a retreat next weekend and wondering what to take. All your prepped Bloom pieces look so cute, that is something I could definitely do while I'm away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have many lovely projects on the go. Love those polka dots. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dots are always wonderful! You're making good use of those dotty scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on your AQUA blocks for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely projects. Your bloom blocks are lovely and I'm so tempted to buy the template pack and join in with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very productive FNSI - and I love the tiny polka dot block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tiny Tuesday blocks and especially polka dots! I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your BLooms are blossoming beautifully... xox

    ReplyDelete