Monday, April 8, 2019

Tiny Tuesday Catch-Up & Winner-Winner!

This morning I woke up bright-eyed and ready to finish off last week's Tiny Tuesday. That would catch me up to tomorrow's post and make me happy. So I did!
April's RSC color is aqua and I surprised myself by finding a good amount of this color in the stash. This week's block was a modified churn dash and we must thank Be A  Quilter for drafting this up for us. My center is actually a very dark aqua so just squint your eyes and imagine that! I know it's hard since that little square measures only 1/2"! I'm sharing my block with Em and all on Movin' It Forward HERE.
Couldn't resist sharing another dresden plate pieced together while sewing up my churn dash! If you don't already, you really, really, really need to take advantage of leaders & enders.

Winner-Winner is just that -- two winners to report. First off a BIG THANK YOU to Becky Goldsmith and her blog Piece o' Cake. Every Wednesday there's a giveaway and, while I was gadding about earlier this month, the random generator picked me!
Have you ever heard of these needles? I hadn't but I'm very excited to try these side-threading needles. I think they'll come in handy for tying off ends while quilting and also when I'm embroidering and don't quit until I'm at the very end of my thread! Ha! Lots of sizes for different projects and gold eyes to help these old eyes thread the needles.

The second win came yesterday afternoon in several ways. I had picked up tickets at Scott AFB for Military Appreciation Day at Busch Stadium yesterday. It was the Season Home Stand Opener at Busch Stadium and the St. Louis Cardinals had already dumped the first two of a three game series. First of all, the tickets were only $16 each. They included a free jumbo hot dog and soda. After checking the food prices at the stadium, the seats were practically free! Yikes! Also the weather forecast earlier in the week called for a rainy Sunday and yet once again they were wrong! It was a beautiful day -- 80 degrees with a cool breeze.
Our view pretty much

Mom & Fred
Did you know there is Happy Hour at Busch Stadium? I'm not sure if this new or just new to us but, if you go to the Budweiser Burger Bar, 12 oz cans of Busch, Bud, or Natural Light are only $5 --- but only until first pitch! Since we were thirsty from walking from the Redbird Express bus to the stadium, we took advantage! It was also Cardinal Windbreaker giveaway day. Check out Fred sporting his already!

Let me sum up our Cardinal Day for you: $16 got us a shaded seat with a nice view, a jumbo hot dog and drink, a Cardinal Windbreaker, and a firework celebration for the win! What a fabulous day!

And on that note, I wish YOU a fabulous day today!

2 comments:

  1. Those needles look VERY interesting! - a boon I am sure for threading up short lengths especially if they have got a bit fuzzy on the end. Aqua is non existant in my stash it seems - I have gone for a range of greeny grey blues that look OK together instead. Sounds like a great day out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about them, everybody seems to love them.

    ReplyDelete