Monday, April 29, 2019

Movin' It Forward Monday

Today's weather (and for most of the week for that matter) calls for rain so I'm singing "Rainy Days & Mondays" but it doesn't bring me down. Lol! Part of the reason I'm happy is because this is soup weather and I've got a lamb (leftover from Easter last weekend) & barley soup simmering on the stove. It will also have carrots, potatoes, and parsnips in it. YUM!!!

I worked this weekend on my cross-stitch while watching all kinds of sports:  NC State softball Friday evening and Saturday & Sunday afternoons, St. Louis Cardinals baseball all weekend, and St. Louis Blues hockey Saturday. Got quite a bit done. Here are my before & after pictures.
March 15

Today
Doesn't look like a lot but, you have to remember, these are tiny, tiny Xs!

Of course I've also moved along on the RSC19 Tiny Tuesday blocks as well
I think I should have made the background fabric the spinner and the spinner blue the background. Not a very pretty block all by itself with the confetti frame but I figure it won't matter in the grand scheme of the final quilt. If it truly bothers me later, I'll re-do it but for now, it stays!

Have a great week and pick a project - whether crafty or organizational or gardening -- and Move It Forward!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cross-stitch embroidery, and great progress, even if they are so tiny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got a lot done on the x stitch. It’s looking good. I like your attitude on the color choices for the little blocks. Keep it the way it is until more blocks are done. Only change if necessary. Good job this week.

    ReplyDelete