Monday, April 15, 2019

Gone again!

Having just returned from another, but short this time, vacation, I will look back on last week and share with you what I managed to get done last week. Thank goodness I have my pictures to look back on to refresh my memory.

On Tuesday, I was down at Mom's because she was getting a new back door installed. With this new door, she was also getting a storm door and a dead bolt. I can't believe that this is her first dead bolt. Back in the day you could trust your neighborhood but she's been living in the same house since 1970 -- that's 49 years this summer! Here's a picture. Doesn't it look nice? I told her I'll come down with a bucket of paint and give that kitchen a fresh look! 
As I walked around her backyard, look what I spied down in her basement window wells!
One bunny in the left well

Two bunnies in the right well. Look closely!

So that left Wednesday to sew since there would be vacation preparation on Thursday. We were leaving Friday morning.


Tiny Tuesday for this week was Courthouse Steps. We could choose whatever we wanted in the middle so I went complementary. As you can tell I don't have a lot of aqua but everyone seems to be using "colors of the ocean" so this is mine. The colors are off a little but not really that much. Good enough for me!

I found this project partly started. The wool applique was done and the pieced fabrics had been chosen. Not sure what order I was going in but they were chosen. Managed to sew up the pieced block and get the light yellow borders on. I also have the batting & backing cut. I just need to find some time to quilt it up and sew a little button eye on!

On Friday, we drove to South Bend, Indiana. Most of you may recognize this town as home to Notre Dame University. My niece was playing softball for NC State there and we told her that was a location that we could make .... and so we did. Boy! Was it ever cold with the "winter cyclone" getting ready to blow through! Thankfully it was mostly sunny. The games were supposed to be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but, with the impending storm and cold about to hit on Sunday there, we played one game Friday and a double-header on Saturday. We drove home Sunday in drizzly, miserable rain.
Notre Dame Softball Stadium
Mom in between Saturday's
double-header games
Kelli up to bat!
My brother & his wife will be passing through here after dinner. They'll spend the night with us and take off to return home tomorrow morning. I'll make a breakfast casserole later this evening, "Elvis Presley" cinnamon rolls in the morning, and serve oranges & coffee in the morning. I always look forward to company!

Have a great week!

Linking up late with Movin' It Forward Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Fellow knitty quilter here! I love your courthouse steps block!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunnies are so sweet at this stage! Love your courthouse step block colors. That crazy quilt egg is super cute.

    ReplyDelete