Saturday, May 25, 2019

Another Week Gone!

Another week gone ... or should I say closer to my guild's quilt show. I'm heading up the publicity committee and thing's are really getting frantic. Hoping to get some signs planted around town today. Might be in and out of rain showers though. Wish me luck!

I didn't get a lot accomplished this week which is probably why I haven't posted since last Saturday. This is all I got done as far as piecing.
This week's Tiny Tuesday is adorable!!! It's the little Rail Fence block in the middle. Anyone else wondering what we're doing wrong? This is #21 for me but it's Scrappy Saturday #19 in blogland? Makes no sense to me but ok.

The two long orange string strips are in need of the other pair. Hopefully I'll get them together this weekend? Then I'll be able to add the gray pieces and it will be #5 block of the String-X project. Of course, nothing much may happen until after the quilt show June 8 & 9.

I did get in my walks with Gracie this week. The temperatures turned into summer and Gracie is not a fan. This time of year she lounges mostly in the shade. Thankfully the bike trails are mostly draped with trees.
Here she is getting a drink in the ditch. We've had so much rain lately! The ditch doesn't usually have any water.

Yesterday as we headed out the door for our walk, she stopped short and started sniffing around. She followed the trail and found this. Do you see it?
Right there in the middle -- a box turtle! When we returned from our walk, it was gone. They talk about moving as slow as a turtle but let me tell you -- I've seen them move along pretty quickly before and this one must have scooted when she knew the coast was clear!

Have a good week!


Linking up with Em at So Scrappy!

11 comments:

  1. Your little rail fence block is adorable. Set on point, and against the white background I am using, mine has a sinister look. Do you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have more than 19 TT blocks, too! I think they've been multiplying when we aren't looking! Pretty oranges in your block this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your orange block and strips. They look real nice. Mine are a little on the pale side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous orange blocks! I love the orange strings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good variety of orange scraps to choose from. Pretty rail fence blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did more ORANGE sewing than I did!! The misalignment of the weeks TT to RSC happened in the thick of Angela's move stuff. I keep putting the actual week on my posts. In the end, it doesn't really matter. The important thing is that we keep USING our scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks! I tried to look back at the numbers on the blocks, but didn't find out. I stratified the challenge a little late, but have tried to get along with most. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teeny tiny block is adorable. I like your string blocks too. I appreciate orange so much more when I am became a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dog is almost 16 and pretty much refuses to walk when it is over 80 degrees. But he pouts when I leave him at home and walk alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very clever of that turtle to stay hiding until the dog goes away!!!
    love the tiny block!

    ReplyDelete