Monday, May 6, 2019

Movin' Mosaics Forward

Hearts 'n' Hands, the guild that I belong to, will be putting on their quilt show next month. It is called Quilts From the Heart 2019 and it is BIG doings! We actually had to close down entries and will be hanging well over 250 quilts!! With all that being said, I still have a quilt to be finished by June 7th, the date all entries are to be dropped off. I'm bound and determined to have Mosaics (pattern by the incredibly talented AND nice Irene Blanck) ready.
Here are my border pieces all starched and ironed and cut to size. There are two different borders in this quilt and, at four pieces in the first border and four pieces in the second border PLUS four cornerstones, that was a lot of pressing!
Here's the center medallion with a side first border pinned and ready to go under the needle! Ha! I WILL HAVE THIS READY!

That's what I moved forward these past couple of days. There are loads of posts RIGHT HERE describing what others have moved forward this week. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. This looks exciting! Good luck with hitting the deadline. xx

    ReplyDelete