Friday, August 30, 2019

Been Travelin' & Still Got a Few Things Done!

My hubby & I have returned from our trip to Colorado to give his sister a hand with a few things. On the way out I finished my pair of socks for Camp Loopy - August. The pattern is called Tea & Scandal by Very Busy Monkey. You can catch my project page on Ravelry here.

The yarn is superwash merino, cashmere, and silk. It's going to be a wonderful pair of socks to wear this winter!

Lori at Humble Quilts is looking for photos from her "stringers" so here's mine. Take a look at what Lori and others have been sewing with strings here.
I see I posted this block on August 10 so I obviously had a good jump on it this month. It's for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and our color for August was light/bright blues. The pattern is Bonnie Hunter's  freebie called String-X. I really think this is going to be a pretty quilt when all is said and done.

Speaking of Bonnie Hunter, on the return trip I sewed down the binding to her Leaders & Enders quilt from 2014. She called hers Lozenges, I call mine "I Spy". Just needs the label. You can find this free pattern here.

If you look closely, you can see that the main part of my quilt is quilted with orange peels. I just love quilting that pattern. The back of the quilt is Jungle Book fabric. LOVE!!!!

I think that's enough for today. Enjoy this evening going into Labor Day weekend!

10 comments:

  1. The socks are beautiful. Do you make them for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pair is for me although I also knit socks for others as gifts.

      Delete
  2. I am admiring both of your quilts - the red semicircle on that blue block adds quite a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought it was a bright spot too! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Those socks look gorgeous and I am sure must feel gorgeous too! Snuggly toes indeed. The I Spy quilt is a great finish. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! While it's not my favorite quilt, I love a finish plus the border blocks were leftover from another quilt. Double YAY!

      Delete
  4. Love your blue strings with those beautiful hues! And your socks are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm pleased with both finishes.

      Delete
  5. You did get a lot accomplished!! Love your lozenges/i spy quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such elegant socks, beautiful! I like the way you are setting your string blocks too, that will make a wonderfully scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete