Monday, August 12, 2019

Rainy Days & Mondays

Man, oh man, did we have some storms roll through last night around 3am. I could hear them even over the box fan and ceiling fan that my husband insists on having turned on. BOOM! BOOM! In spite of all the fans!! Hahaha! So what did I do? I meandered downstairs around 4:15 to work on my Dirty Dozen #3 UFO, the Dresden Sampler project. More on that in another post though ...

Today is Monday and that means Movin' It Forward. Remember these prepped and partially appliqued Hospital Sketches blocks?
I finished all four and decided to see how they would look with the others.
Whew, baby! That's what I like! (Me & Big Bopper singing out loud!) Now this might not be the final order but I think we're movin' it right along! What are the others working on and moving forward? Check in HERE with Em's Scrapbag to find out!

10 comments:

  1. Your applique is gorgeous, Susie! Is it all needle turned or do you use one of the methods where the allowances are turned under prior to basting the shapes onto your background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do needle-turn applique but, prior to gluing the shape onto the background & sewing down, I fold the edges under. I find that by doing so helps with the needle turning.

      Delete
  2. I like all the blocks -- especially the center.
    It clouded up yesterday afternoon but nary a drop. Forecast is for heavy rain tonight. Hope so--we need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My rain gauge recorded over 7" that day. Last night we got an additional 1 1/4". I think we've had enough again for a while. Lol!

      Delete
  3. This is going to be beautiful when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy, those are some wonderful blocks! Beautiful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie beautiful work my friend ,such lovely blocks,hope you got some rain with the storms,hope your weekend is a good one Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward!

    ReplyDelete