Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday Morning Post

Last night was Friday Night with Friends. I was pretty sure I was going to be appliqueing, at least that's what I told Cheryll who runs this Internet Party! I didn't applique but I prepped four blocks so that surely must count, right?

I printed out the last two blocks of Hospital Sketches patterns by Barbara Brackman, decided on what colors I wanted to use, traced the pieces out, and trimmed them up. The next step I like to do is to fold each applique piece along the traced line. I find it makes it easier to needle-turn. I got that tip from Gail Hatcher when she visited our guild a long time ago and I took her class. It takes some time to do but I've always thought it worth the effort. After all that, I glued down my pieces and am now ready to take up my needle and thread. 
Block #7 Tennessee Rose
 There is a big yellow center that will need to be added after this much gets done.
Block #6 Mountain Laurel
I finished one pineapple block but have decided to do three more -- one for each corner. So I prepped two more.
Pineapple #2

Pineapple #3
The "sprigs" which go on top of these pineapples will be added after this much gets sewn down.

I was tired of all the fiddly work at this point so put it aside and picked up my knitting. I just started a two-at-a-time pair of socks. The pattern, Tea & Scandal by Very Busy Monkey, can be found on Ravelry. Her patterns are so well written! This is my August project for Camp Loopy 2019 at The Loopy Ewe.
And lastly my Scrappy Saturday post is my final pink Tiny Tuesday block. It was an easy one and I still need to "frame" it.
The color for August has been decided -- Light, Bright Blue. I hope I've got some of that and didn't use those colors in the previous two blue months, Aquas & Darks. Time to go raid the stash bins!



Linking up with So Scrappy and Stitching Cubbyhole!

21 comments:

  1. It looks like the Hospital Sketches blocks take a lot of prep time, but will be so worth it after they're all sewn. I love your pretty pink Tiny Tuesday block, too - I thought that was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe all applique projects take a bit of prep time, just also depends on how much prep you want to do. I can now just sit down and sew them up. Thank you for believing in my blocks. We'll see ...

      Delete
  2. Such nice blocks! You are inspiring me to finally start on Hospital Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ms. Brackman is already planning another SAL. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. You certainly had a productive night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie well done on your beautiful work,I think you achieved a lot.
    Hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheryl! It's always a lovely evening with friends, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Love the colors in your Hospital Sketches blocks - they're going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I finish this set up, I think I'd better take a picture to see if they are all blending nicely together before it gets to late to make adjustments if necessary.

      Delete
  6. Your applique blocks look so interesting and I am intrigued by the socks! However, I am very happy one at a timing with four needles so will be staying with what I know! Yes, I too am a bit worried about yet another blue RSC block - not sure that I have enough fabrics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, Lin. See you later with RSC blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty PINK block for Tiny Tuesday. Have fun with your light and bright BLUE scraps this month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your light, bright blue blocks too!

      Delete
  9. Love the pink Tiny Tuesday block - lots of good progress on your applique and knitting as well ! go you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pink tiny Tuesday block is beautiful. You got such a lot done on FNWF, your prepped blocks look wonderful and now you have just the sewing to do, the fiddly part is done. The socks look interesting, great colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words on my TT block and the applique ones too. As for the sock color, it's called Curry and I love it too. I can only imagine what my Mother-in-Law would have called it though! Lol!

      Delete
  11. Of course ANY work counts... at FNwF or anytime really.
    Thanks for stopping in at FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. the flower looks great in pink. I wish I could do applique- yours looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you very much. I love applique and it was the first technique I learned in quilting. It's fun handwork for me.

      Delete