Saturday, August 10, 2019

Scrappy Saturday & Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Every day from Tuesday until today I've been looking for the Tiny Tuesday block for this week. I know Angela (our fearless leader) has been super busy with selling her old house, buying her new house, setting up the new house, getting her kids ready for school/college, and getting her-teacher-self ready for the new semester. I totally understand that Tiny Tuesday slipped her mind. It's truly OK, Angela!

In the meantime, I've kept myself out of trouble. I sewed up my light/bright blue String-X block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. I'll be linking up with Angela's Scrappy Saturday as will many others. Hop on over and see what everyone else scrapped out this week!
I've also been fortunate to win a couple of prizes recently. Last week I was notified that I'd won a prize in the Summer's Last Blast Yarn Crawl that I'd participated in a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned it on this blog post. Just look at the bag of goodies I won!
Monday morning I was breezing through my favorite bloggers' posts and discovered Norma of Timeless Traditions was back from teaching & retreating. If you are unfamiliar with her patterns, you are missing out! She is a fabulous designer and an interesting blogger. Check out her blog by clicking on the link above. I think you'll like her beautiful patterns and inspirations.

Anyway, she was happy to be home finally and offered a pattern to her first responder. You guessed it -- it was me!!! Thank you, Norma Whaley for offering this pattern! I can't wait to tackle it!

I love her works so much and I'm still happy-dancing over this win! I've done a couple of Timeless Traditions designs -- two pillows as a matter of fact. Here are pictures I dug up from the blogging archives! Ha!


All in all, I'd say I had a fantastic week. Here's to a fantastic weekend and I hope you enjoy yours too!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wins! Looks like you have some knitting in your future, along with other projects. I'll definitely go check out that blog! I love your blue string blocks - they make such a neat design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The String-X blocks come from Bonnie Hunter under her Free tab.

      Delete
  2. Love your string X block! Congrats on your wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice block(s) in Light/Bright BLUE!! What great prizes you won. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The String-X blocks have been fun to make. The pattern is Bonnie Hunter's and is free under her Free Patterns tab.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your wins - the pattern looks very interesting! Lovely bag of goodies too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lin. I've been on a roll lately! (❁´◡`❁)

    ReplyDelete