Saturday, November 7, 2020

1st November RSC Post

 It's November and we need to work on whatever we want. It's a good opportunity to finish current or previous Rainbow Scrap quilts. My blocks are finished for Awesome Land. Here's a reminder of the last set.

While putzing around in my sewing space, I came across the black fabric with micro whit polka dots so I decided to cut a few 2-1/2" squares for the sashing. After cutting 20, I decided Id better check how many I'd officially need. Wouldn't want to cut too many, right? UGH! I need exactly 100! Better get to work on that!

With that determined, I thought I'd better get the yellow Heartfire hexies started. and done! They may not look it but they're pretty big. I think they measure about 8-1/2" from straight side to straight side.


My Twisted Mystery group is now meeting every other week in order to get the 2020 quilt underway. I've decided to go scrappy patriotic. I thought that was appropriate for this year. First step done. Twelve square-in-a-squares done with fussy cut star centers. I freezer paper paper-pieced them. I think they would make a sweet mini at this point!

My little wool applique Christmas blocks are coming along. I finished up the next two blocks.


The Snowman Quilt is progressing. The backing just needs the final sew-together of the pieces and I finished making the binding. I got distracted halfway through the pressing though. I'm hoping to get this quilt sandwiched and pinned this weekend. No pictures yet ...

Of course I started another pair of socks. The pattern is called Chequer Socks by Very Busy Monkey. As you can see I haven't gotten very far. Most of my progress was made watching American Ninja Warriors. Love the competition in that show!


I hope you all have a good week. Enjoy your weekend. We've got wonderful weather here in the Midwest which we know won't last forever. Time to get that Fall yardwork done!

Linking up with So Scrappy!

7 comments:

  1. checker socks...I should start another pair of socks. Hexies are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the start of your new Mystery and those sweet Christmas blocks, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your RSC blocks are so pretty in yellow! I love the scrappy star blocks for your mystery quilt, too. Looks like you won't have any trouble keeping busy with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Christmas appliqué blocks are so cute! Love the reindeer! Great RSC blocks too. I have finished all the blocks for my RSC quilt and just need to figure out how to set them in the final quilt. I have started a new RSC quilt as well. It will be a baby quilt. You will be well occupied with all of your quilts in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looking good Susie - I do like those heartfire blocks. Have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black...setting off the yellow blocks.
    Well done...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such stitchy goodness in this post! I'm especially loving those little applique pieces and of course, you can't knit too many socks. Tis the season.

    ReplyDelete