Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I Like Thursday #14

So much to like in my world. I'm sharing some of it with LeeAnna and friends on Not Afraid of Color. Happiness abounds and we're all sharing with anyone who would like to take a peek.

My hubby,  mother, and I just returned from a quick trip to TX to visit my sister & her hubby. She moved from Colorado after 30+ years to Texas about 2 and a half years ago. This was our first trip to see her although she had made a trip up to us in Illinois about 14 months ago. My mother was the driving force to go see her, wanting to see her "baby". Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures ... not even of her cute little dog and ginormous cat!

On our way to Texas, my husband suggested we stop in Pawhuska OK. For those of you that don't know, Pawhuska OK is the home town of Ree Drummond, better known as Pioneer Woman. Mom & I really liked this suggestion!

The Mercantile is the general store with all her wares and food. Mom picked up a gluten-free lemon-blueberry pound cake to share in Texas. Fred picked up a blueberry hand pie with lemon glaze for lunch. We liked it both!

Charlie's is the candy and ice cream shop. It may be hard for you to believe but I didn't succumb to any treats here! I have to say that I liked the suggestion to make a little side here.

On our way out of town, I saw a sign that said "Drummond Home" with an arrow to the right. I like how my husband can whip off a turn when Mom & I get excited! Lol! This home was where Pioneer Woman's husband Ladd grew up, I believe. We took pictures but didn't get out since we'd already spent our free time browsing around Pawhuska.



Besides, Mom & I had already seen the inside of this home one morning on the Pioneer Woman's cooking show. They were showing off the remodeling job that day. Quite the colorful job on the outside, isn't it?

Yesterday morning was Gracie's first walk since we left and wow! was she excited! I walked about 2.5 miles but I think she ran closer to 5! Haha! While out this on the bike trail, we came to "the clearing" and spied this.

Do you see those two deer? Right in front of the field (check out the picture at the top of this post) the farmer has a No Hunting sign posted. I like how the deer are able to read signs during this time of year! Lol! There is a larger deer and a smaller deer. I'm wondering if these are the two that were in my backyard about a week ago. The trail is right behind our subdivision. So maybe?

The morning before we left on our trip, we had a good storm moving in. I like how the last of the sunshine glowed on these yellow trees against the darkening sky.



I love to travel and see sights, family, & friends. Most of all I like returning home to my own bed!

Have a great week and don't forget to stop by Not Afraid of Color to see other posts of gratitude.

6 comments:

  1. Always fun to go on a road trip. I can't wait to get this Covid pandemic behind us and travel again, miss it so much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking me on your virtual road trip. Gosh I'm a little jealous but you be safe while out and about. This virus is sneaky, just this week I learned a friend has it and she was trying to be safe with distance and masks but it got her anyway. Let's all get the vaccine when it's available to the general public, and resume travel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to go see your sister, and especially that your mom could go along! How fun to check out the Pioneer Woman's shops, too. Those are gorgeous pictures of your neighborhood with the deer and beautiful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to be able to go visit your sister and take your mama. Hubby is an awesome guy to stop to see the Pioneer woman shops. Awesome walk, and the deer are great. Isn't it amazing how well they read? I have a story about deer hunting as a teen, hiking up a mountain to look over to an adjacent mountain to see a whole herd of deer romping and frolicking. Yep they were in the safety zone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sign for Charlie's sweets. I love old houses like the Drummond home. They have such character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband loves watching the Pioneer Woman show. I'll have to show him your pictures. You got great pictures of the deer and the storm clouds rolling in. So nice you got to visit your sister!

    ReplyDelete