Sunday, November 1, 2020

November PHD Report

Today I'd like to share my finishes for October. First up was the President's Challenge with my quilt guild. It was due in May, but obviously we didn't meet. Then it was set up for Zoom but due to one reason or another it was postponed from September to October to November. All participants have been asked to send a photo of our finished projects for a PowerPoint presentation at our next guild meeting, November 10th. Because the reveal is in just a few short days, I feel comfortable sharing mine here now.


Here were the rules:


I used every piece of fabric from the swap; I added the striped fabric for the base; my added fabric was the light blue (middle clam on the bottom row); and I initialed and dated my pouch on the off-white stripe on the left (not sure if you can see it but it's there!).

My 2nd finish was this sweet wall hanging. The pattern is by Sherri Falls of This 'n' That. It was the October project for a mini-of-the-month. I saw this pattern at a retreat several years ago and loved it so I ordered the pattern. Then it languished for a while and I finally brought it out at a retreat and made the kitty blocks. Then it languished again. I decided this was the year to finish it up. I gave it to my daughter during last month's visit.


     

One other finish was my needlepoint coin purse. I made one from a kit 10 years ago. Time to make another as the original morning glory one was wearing out. Found a new kit while on vacation in October and actually started & finished the turtle coin purse in the same month!


As for open-ended starts, of course I had a few of those too! I started a Wool Christmas Mini. There are twelve 4" blocks. Simple blocks with embroidery to jazz it up! I finished the wreath and Christmas tree and also made a good start on Rudolph.

       

For my LQS 2020 UFO Challenge, I'll be quilting up my Snowman Quilt which is due December 8th. I marked the quilting design the other night. The project was a kit and the top was completed YEARS AGO at a retreat. Here's a quick pic:

There's a piece of fabric marked binding and another marked backing. This quilt finishes at 71" long and it looks like I have only 4 yards for the backing. That'll only make a 72" long piece. My brains are rolling with this new dilemma. I saved the extra fabric from making the top so I'll just have to start cutting and see what I come up with. Probably get a pieced insert to extent the length.

I also made a re-start on a project offered through my guild. The group, Twisted Mystery, was scheduled to meet once a month but of course that was nixed early this year. Our leader has decided that we will meet every other Saturday on Zoom and work on getting our projects done! I'm a little behind and don't have anything to really show yet but I'll be working on it as diligently as possible.

So my list to work on over the next few weeks?

  • Quilt, bind, and label the Snowman Quilt.
  • Finish quilting, then bind & label Tiny Tuesday.
  • Finish the blocks for the Wool Christmas Mini.
  • Catch up on my blocks for Heartfire Hexies.
  • Get a start on finishing up Awesome Land.
  • Catch up Twisted Mystery quilt which I think I'm naming Election 2020 quilt.
Guess that ought to keep me busy, right?

Linking up with Quilting Gail for the PHD party. Wonder how much progress the others have made!

4 comments:

  1. I love your zipper pouch for the challenge! The clam shells make a great design. The challenge sounds like a fun thing to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Really cute pouch...love the color combo you used. That's a pretty big list. Good luck working on it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zip pouch looks wonderful...& makes for a handy item too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with your President's challenge. It looks wonderful! It also sounds like it was a great challenge! I'm sure it'll be fun to see everyone's at the Zoom meeting!

    ReplyDelete