Saturday, October 31, 2020

Yellow Comes to an End

Tomorrow is November and that means the "end" of yellow for us RSCers. I don't know about you, but it's OK with me because Christmas is looming and there is secret sewing to be done. It also means it's time to start thinking about finishing those RSC quilts before January comes rolling around again and we start NEW rainbow scrap quilts!

I finished up my yellow Awesome Land blocks! Here are all  nine of them!


I can't wait to start thinking about finishing this one up. I need to start cutting gazillion 2-1/2" black squares and a mess of neutral strips! I also need to play catch-up with the Heartfire hexies!

Did you follow along with Carole of From My Carolina Home during her Autumn Jubilee? Once again she had some beautiful projects for Fall including a bed quilt, wool pillow, a Fall bag, and more ideas to get into the season. I'd like to make a go at the quilt. I think it would be so nice to put on my mom's bed during this time of year. She spends every weekend with us and it would be perfect! Click on the Autumn Jubilee button on the right and then use Carole's filter for Autumn Jubilee on her right-hand side bar. You can get all the AJ posts offered for free until November 15th, or Thanksgiving, or soon!

Speaking of free, I started a sweet little Christmas wool project offered from Heart to Hand's Facebook page. Not sure if it's still available or not but you might want to poke around. It's a cute, little mini coming in at only 20" x 25" with twelve 4" blocks. My first 2 are done.

       

My friend Katie will be starting hers too. She has three blocks prepped and ready for when she finishes a larger project. Once done with it, she'll start the embroidery on those three and then probably pass me by ... but it's not a race! Hahaha! I have Rudolph prepped and will be working on him next, probably during a Zoom meeting later this morning.

I also have applique block #29 started for Afternoon Delight. I really need to be getting a handle on this one. I figure I'll be working on it in 2021 as I don't think I'll be making The Quilt Show's BOM next year. It's not really  my thing. I'll share more details when I can so you can join & follow along if you like the quilt. From the hints I've seen, it looks pretty challenging and busy!

As always, thank you, Angela, for keeping the RSC parties going all year long. You can see what everyone shared this week at SoScrappy.

Beautiful gingko tree in my neighborhood.
Perfect picture for ending Yellow Month!

Have a Happy Halloween, check out the beautiful Harvest Blue Moon in the sky tonight, and have a great start to November!

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Christmas wool project; it looks delightful. I must try wool embroidery sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carole's Autumn Jubilee quilt, too. I've been making a block or two each week, and planning to make a wall-hanging out of it. I bet your mom would love that quilt on her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellows look great. Starting to finish up will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering how you will assemble your Awesome blocks, I've always admired these each month. Will you group them in colour or mix the colours up through the quilt, I wonder? Guess I will just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow blocks look great! Can't wait to see how they will all go together. Have fun playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on finishing up your Awesome Land blocks!! I'm looking forward to seeing how your rainbow version comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice yellow blocks and your wool appliques are fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Awesome Land is ready to become an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete