Saturday, October 24, 2020

Still Not Much Progress ...

Again I have a lame post for RSC. Having just returned from a two-week vacation, trying to get back to normal has been my focus. The laundry is caught up, there was some food shopping, and I got back in the routine of my morning walk (and Gracie loves it!). Then there were appointments to be met: Gracie went to the groomer and smells so good and no longer tap-tap-taps on the hard floors; Fred had a tele-appointment with his PCM who said he needs to find an endocrinologist, which is on top of his kidney surgeon telling him he needs to find a nephrologist; and I made an appointment to get my hair cut. Hot diggity! I've been managing my bangs  myself during the pandemic but I hadn't had a haircut since before it. Ta-Da!


I did get one sock into the blocking phase -- and remember, it has a bit of yellow in the yarn.


Here's a picture of the blocked sock and the unblocked sock. Blocking makes such a beautiful difference! The pattern becomes so much more defined.


I did want to show you that I actually did a little work on Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I found 9 yellows and cut out the pieces required for the Awesome Land blocks. Then I realized that I had run out of  the black & white HSTs! That will need to be done now before I can continue.

Other than that, I've really been trying to keep my nose to the grindstone with Tiny Tuesday quilting. I'm getting there! Hope to have a finish by next week!

I'll be linking up with So Scrappy HERE. Next on my list is seeing what the others have been doing and catching up there with my cyber friends! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Susie, I enjoyed your LIkes post very much. How nice to get together with family and I think I could see the resemblance in the smiles. How neat you do not get car sick knitting and use the time productively. I too love to get my Quiltmania in the mail. Yes, to everyone getting their hair cuts. And a block beginning. Hope the medical stuff gets sorted no problem. Take care now. Oh almost forgot...love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good! I haven't done any knitting since high school but I do some crochet now and then. I guess I really didn't know blocking made such a difference. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Managing appointments seems like a full time job these days...must be our age! :) Hooray for a haircut! Sometimes you only have time for a little fabric cutting, and that counts for progress, I think. Your socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been pretty productive! Maybe not in the sewing room, but you are gettin’ it done! Anyone who knits socks gets an A in my book! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿงถ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new haircut, Susie! It sounds like you've done a good job of catching up on things since you've returned from your trip. Lovely bits of YELLOW shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks are great and love the haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue! I love your blog! Thanks for visiting me at 3 P and N! I am so in awe of folks who can make socks like you do! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoVe your blog header...& your socks are wonderful...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time away. Your socks look beautiful and blocking does make a difference. Enjoy your quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started knitting earlier this year. I am working on a scarf and hat for my husband for Christmas and have not graduated to socks yet. I think the yellow in the socks qualifies for the RSC. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete