Saturday, October 3, 2020

So Much To Cover .....

First up is my PHD (Projects Half Done) report. I was hoping to get Tiny Tuesday to a finished topper stage and I did!

I was also hoping to get some of the quilting started on it and I have. I started ditch quilting from the bottom right corner (which is partially covered by garden) and worked my way up to the top and started down the second column.
Yesterday I got as far as finishing the butterfly, 5th one down, so progress has been made. Tiny Tuesday is also my project for the UFO Challenge at my local quilt shop.

I also finished up another smaller project but it's a gift so there'll be more of that one later when it has been officially given. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially with the quilting on it! More later, I promise. In the meantime, here's a little teaser.
As for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I didn't get anything yellow sewn. However you can look at the background quilting I did on the TT little yellow fishes block and the yellow 9-patch block! Trying my best to stick with the yellow theme! Lol! As you can probably tell, I'm pretty consumed with getting the quilting done on this project.
Friday Night with Friends was last night. I worked on Afternoon Delight block #28. It went from this ....
to this!
This one is done!

What else have I been up to lately? Well, I knitted these adorable little kitties for my grandkitties! I'll be seeing them the week after next. Hope they like them. Otherwise my daughter can use them for zipper pulls, shade pulls, or whatever. You can find the free pattern here for Tiny Window Cat.
My orchid bloomed this week. Apparently it's trying to keep with the yellow RSC theme too!
Other than that, I've been trying to get a few things around the house settled because we are planning a trip back East. We'll be spending next week with my brother in NC and then on for a week in MD to visit our kids and Brody. Sadly I've been behind on reading what my cyber friends have been working on because my time has been taken up with getting this show on the road. Maybe I'll be able to catch up a little while cruising down the interstate!

Have a great week!

Linking up with Quilting Gail for PHD HERE, Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC HERE, and Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' HERE for FNwF. Pshew!

16 comments:

  1. Your Tiny Tuesday quilt top is just amazing! Congratulations! How could any child not love those Tiny Kitties? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive quilting in tiny tuesday 0 cute cute kitties - hope you have a great visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing well with your PHD in 2020!!! I was drooling over the quilting in your small project ... can't wait to see it ... all of it!
    Happy Quilting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to look back at last year's yellow blocks and remember the fun of making them! Your TT quilt looks just great! Love your tiny knitted kitties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilting on the "secret" project, and a very nice start on your Tiny Tuesday quilt. Love the applique, and those kitties are the sweetest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute kitties. Great progress on your lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiny Tuesday is lovely! An your Afternoon Delight block wonderful....very cute kitties. Gorgeous orchid too. Enjoy your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Younare making wonderful progress with Tiny Tuesday, your applique block is stunning, lkve the little kitties. Have a wonderful trip and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos on quilting your Tiny Tuesday quilt. Mine still hangs in the closet waiting for backing inspiration!
    Those tiny kitties for your grand kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Tiny Tuesday quilt top looks lovely and I can see that the quilting will soon be done! Another lovely Afternoon block. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely newsy post, those kitties are gorgeous and thank you for the link for making them! Your Afternoon Delight block is lovely too. Good luck with the quilting, and I hope you have a lovely trip away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the quilting of Tiny Tuesday! I'm looking forward to a better look at that gift quilt. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything in your post looks fantastic... well done.
    Thanks for stopping by for FnWF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of progress on Tiny Tuesday. Those kitties are pretty cute, hopefully they were a big hit. Enjoy your road trip, stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete