Thursday, October 1, 2020

I Like Thursday #9

Welcome back to another I LIKE THURSDAY post. Life is good and we all should focus on that. Way too easy to focus on the yuck. Read through my "likes" for the week and see if anything tickles your fancy. Leeanna from Not Afraid of Color gathers us together weekly to share and you can visit the others' posts too. You may just find a like-minded friend!

Polly visited the doctor this week for her annual check-up. The vet said she looked fantastic and we later got the call saying all her lab work was fine too! Next year we may include a teeth-cleaning with the visit. I liked the results of this check-up but can't say I am a fan of the bill! Lol!

My friend Vickie told me about a tasty recipe that she thought we might like. If you like roasted chicken, onions, & thyme you will LOVE this recipe too. The chicken comes out moist but with a beautifully seasoned & cooked skin and the au jus is perfect over mashed potatoes and on the chicken as well. Best of all, it's easy and the house smelled delicious!




Here are a few of my "dog walk" pictures from this week. You can certainly see that Fall has taken hold. Our temps here in the Midwest have dropped significantly and the sun feels so good on the cool, crisp mornings.


A few lingering tomatoes




This Halloween-decorated yard gave me a tickle. Pirate ghosts!!! Arrrgh, Matey!
And this one caught my eye. So pretty!

I always forget to share my book reading with you. I just finished "Judgment" by Carey Baldwin. It was a thriller/murder/mystery. If you like the show "Criminal Minds", you will enjoy this book too. There were parts that gave me the heebie-jeebies but overall I enjoyed this one. (Disclaimer: I didn't really care for the TV show "Criminal Minds" because there were too many times the story bothered me.)

I've just started "Walk the Wire" by David Baldacci. I'll try to remember to keep you posted on that one!

In the meantime, don't forget to check out some of the other I Like Thursday posts and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Your cat is a cutie! Lots of pretty fall sights around your area, too. That chicken does sound yummy! I like David Baldacci, but don't think I've read that one - will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty kitty! Fall is pretty. I like those ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our leaves are starting to turn too and the weather is turning cooler. Had to turn on the heater last night. Love the pirate ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! Oh, thanks for the book recommendation. I just to watch the show Criminal Minds . . . until they had one show set in a cabin in the woods. The owner was peeping at the woman (alone, naturally) and that just creeped me out. So I had to give up the show - it was a bit too realistic. Polly looks so little in her picture! Just purrrrrfect for sitting on one's lap, I'll bet. Oh, and I LOVE David Baldacci! I haven't gotten that yet from the library. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your walks are my favorite part of your I Like Posts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You reminded me of an encounter on DuPont Circle in DC... a group of scary looking boys sat right on our bench once. I started a conversation and long story short, one of them wanted to be an author and his fave author was Baldacci. Polly girl is so pretty

    ReplyDelete