Thursday, October 29, 2020

I Like Thursday #12

Here we are at Thursday again and time for some of our likes this week. Front & center for me:

I like pretty much any and all handwork. My needlepoint project is finished. I hope this little coin purse lasts me ten years like the previous one I made. I really like the turtle on it too!


Besides needlepoint, I also like knitting. Here are my latest socks, Jeck by Regina Satta. It was offered as a free pattern on Ravelry. These are my second pair of Jecks. They knit up so easily & quickly!



The yarn I used was Socks That Rock Lightweight by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. It's a wonderful blend of washable wool, nylon, and cashmere. So soft, so squishy! If you'd like to look into this yarn, I ordered it from The Loopy Ewe. This store used to be in St. Louis but moved to Boulder CO several years ago. I still love their yarn and their service is fabulous!

I like my Zoom get-togethers. Last Saturday morning my UFO Challenge at my local quilt shop met. I forgot to get a picture. OOPS! My Tiny Tuesday quilt was due. I'd love to show you a finished picture but I can't do that either. You see, I didn't get it done. If I had that two weeks back from vacation I'm sure it would have been completed. Of course, I wouldn't take those weeks back!! It was such a breath of fresh air to see family again. I like fresh air too! Lol!

My "like" for book reading would be an unexpected surprise. I was in the middle of reading "Walk the Wire" by Baldacci when it was snagged back by my library -- my Borrow Time was up. I quickly put it back on my Hold List and needed a quick read to fill in the time. I ended up borrowing a Reese Witherspoon Book Club book called "Such a Fun Age" since it is only 249 pages.


I thought it was going to be a silly type of book, just a fun fluff but it's hooked me and I'll definitely read it to the end. Click the picture to read what it's about. Goodreads.com does a much better job at that than I ever could. In the meantime, "Walk the Wire" became available already so it's loaded up on my Nook to finish up when I get done with this one.

As for TV viewing, I have been liking "The Weakest Link" again. I don't know what season this is but I hadn't watched it for several years. So glad I found it again. Over the past several weeks I've also enjoyed the Major League Baseball World Series. Hope my St. Louis Cardinals do better next year!

I hope you've had a few "Likes" this past week as well. Nothing feels better than looking on the bright side! I'm linking up with LeeAnn at Not Afraid of Color to share my likes with the others. Feel free to drop by too and see what the others have shared!

9 comments:

  1. I love your knit socks! I've been getting mine out this week too- it always makes me happy to come back to the sock time of year. I need to cast on another pair actually, i like to have socks going- they're so easy to transport. And I love the idea of making a coin purse out of your small needlepoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! Your socks look beautiful and nice and warm! They fit well, too. I have that book on Hold at my library - I'm looking forward to reading it. Your pumpkin quilt on your header is just gorgeous. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks rock! Love your little turtle, too. Zoom is good stuff, isn't it? Isolation is a little less isolated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your SoCKs certainly look comfy... great job...
    And I love the "header"... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coin purse and your socks! The socks look perfect for this time of year! That book sounds good, and love how you linked the photo to the Goodreads blurb about. I'm looking forward to seeing your Tiny Tuesday quilt when it's done - but no hurry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Jane lynch in the game show... she's strong... good work on socks and I'll check the book... love a fast read since I'm a slow nightime reader and the library is about to take my very good book again! grr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a coin purse. Good for lots of little things! Yours is so cute! Like your socks. Someday, I’m going to attempt to knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yarn you used for your socks. I used to love to needlepoint. I haven't done that for years. I read Such a Fun Age. It was very different than what I expected. Are you on Goodreads?? I'll have to find you!

    ReplyDelete