Saturday, October 17, 2020

RSC Yellow?

Hi, Friends! I know I've been a little out of touch lately but that is because we've been on the road. We don't have a large family so we thought we'd travel to see them. It's been a year or more since we've seen most and that is just way too long.

If you caught my I Like Thursday post, you saw pictures of my brother & his family. We then traveled on to see our children & only grandchild. If you didn't catch the post, you can see it HERE. Here are a few more current pictures.


   


As you can see, Grandpa loves Brody!

So let's get on with the task at hand, shall we? Us Rainbow Scrappers have been concentrating on the color YELLOW this month. Obviously I haven't gotten much done as I've been on the road but I did manage a couple of things post-worthy.

I'll admit it isn't a sunny yellow but it is a yellow-green! Afternoon Delight block #28.

I started another pair of socks to keep me occupied while traveling in the car. I chose this pattern because it's quick and mindless -- only one round of pattern followed by a knit row. The FREE pattern is called Jeck and you can find it on Ravelry HERE. Check it out -- do you see those bits of yellow for RSC???!!!? Hahaha!

Other than that, not a lot going on in my crafting world. I'm loving time with family.

Something I also loved while being away is I could still enjoy my guild's meeting the other night. I would have never guessed that I would be able to sit in on a guild meeting while 800+ miles away. I was even able to enjoy a guest speaker! Now I have to admit that I am a little sad that we will be traveling again today because I am missing two Zoom meetings this mornings -- one with my Twisted Sisters sewing group and the other with my TAS (The Applique Society) group. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to catch a "re-broadcast" later! Lol!

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, make time for family & friends and also yourself!


Linking up later  with other RSC quilters HERE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've been able to spend time with your family! That's so much harder this year - sometimes we just have to go for it. Your sock knitting and applique block look like perfect activities for a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern link. LOVE those YELLOW bits in your socks and that you got to Zoom with your group from 800+ miles away!!

    ReplyDelete