Saturday, September 26, 2020

Red is Coming to an End

We are nearing the end of September which means the end of "Red Month". My fellow quilters are betting on yellow for October. Will they be correct? We will find out from Angela on Thursday, October 1! And speaking of Angela,  she has provided our Linky Party for us Rainbow Scrappers to share our RED and whatever else we have going on. You can enjoy visiting at SoScrappy here too!

I finally finished up ALL the red Awesome Land blocks. Last but not least was #9 who is dressed for Christmas!

And here it is with the other eight red blocks.
This being the 9th month that I've been working on these, I've grown quite a stack!
I'm looking forward to October's color (yellow?) and then trying to figure out how I want these all laid out. Probably won't finish until sometime next year.

In the meantime, I've been happily knitting along. Finished my socks! The one on the wooden form is just finishing up blocking, still a little damp. The other one is done!
Pattern: Destination Unknown
Designer: Very Busy Monkey
Yarn: Blue Moon Socks That Rock Lightweight

These socks are going to be so WONDERFUL this winter. They're soft, they're squishy, they're beautiful!

Afternoon Delight had another block finished this week. This is #27 and check it out -- bits of red!

I hope you stayed with me this far. Here's the biggie for the week ..... drum roll, please! My Tiny Tuesday quilt top is all together! So many fun little blocks. So much fun working on this top. Thank you, Angela, once again for helping us all stay on track. This was the official (?) RSC2019 quilt.
So cute all dappled in the sun & shade
My layout
I can also share with you that yesterday I got it pin-basted and I'm itching to get started quilting this one up. The size at this point is 59" x 78". That'll make a nice couch quilt when I'm done!

Fred & I decided Thursday was going to be the day for us to get our bloodwork done for the doctor. We were both due in the Spring but due to COVID & honey's kidney woes it was delayed. We like to celebrate getting our fasting bloodwork done by the vampires by treating ourselves to breakfast out. We went to the usual IHOP to discover that outside dining was the only option. Thankfully we were a late breakfast couple because only 6 of the 10 or 12 outside tables had guests. It was a beautiful morning and we had great service from Mary.
Ahhhhhh! Food & coffee at last!

Honey enjoying the fresh air & my company, of course!
(Still got the red theme going! Check out the red umbrellas!)

Fred is doing much better, Thank you all for the prayers, hugs, and best wishes. We see the kidney doc this Wednesday and hopefully we will be DONE! Fred still needs to put back on some weight, gain some strength, drink more water, and stay off the smokes! (Don't I sound like such a nag?!? Lol!)

Wishing everyone a good weekend!







14 comments:

  1. That red fabric with the trees and snowflakes really is Awesome! So perfect for that block. I love your layout for the TT quilt top - also awesome! Glad you and Fred got out for breakfast like that. He really does look like he is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stack of blocks you have collected this year! A nice breakfast out is a great reward for bloodwork - I tend to do the same with my kids after doctor appointments =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are the blocks called Awesome Land? I love them and think they'd make a great QOV. Your socks are gorgeous as are the other projects your shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tiny blocks finish...and your end of the month red blocks are just beautiful...food wishes for good health
    Stay safe Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Awesome Land blocks look great in RED! LOVE your unique setting for the Tiny Tuesday quilt, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks, beautiful socks, and an amazing quilt top too! Congrats on getting the blood work done, and good luck at the kidney doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also wonder about the block name, and would love you to let me know. Sending get well vibes to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. Meant to add, love those socks! I've just started knitting socks and can only do plain, with thicker yarn, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little sampler! Its sashing is perfect and ties it all together. I'm impressed with your socks. I made one pair and it was tough going. I'm just finishing knitting a cardigan. What a long slog that's been! Glad to hear your husband's health is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, another Tiny Tuesday quilt. I didn't participate in Tiny Tuesday but have enjoyed viewing all the variety in the quilts everyone made.

    I love the socks. I have never tried them. I haven't knit since high school (over 50 years ago) but I do crochet and have a few sock patterns and sock yarn so may give it a try this year. (I say that every year).

    You and hubby are a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout for Tiny Tuesday is fantastic! So original! I hope you don’t mind, I may borrow the idea in the future. My Tiny Tuesday is already a flimsy, but there might be a sampler quilt in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovlies today. Your red blocks added to the others make a great stack and the Tiny Tuesday quilt is adorable. Great socks - I am going to look for that pattern - and the applique block looks good with dash of red. So glad that Fred is doing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Tiny Tuesday Top is Totally Terrific. of course it has to be yellow. Nothing else is left. You two make a lovely couple and breakfast date after a fasting bloodwork just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "tiny" quilt looks wonderful...congrats... & all those red blocks are a credit to you. Well done...xox

    ReplyDelete