Saturday, September 12, 2020

Red Week #2

So far I haven't been able to really get going on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks even though I was quite happy when Angela picked red for September. I'll bet you can find a lot more red blocks if you visit So Scrappy. I'll be visiting there over the next few days and in the meantime, I'll show you the little bit I did manage to get done.

How about some lambs? I will be very sad when I eventually run out of this fabric from Primitive Gatherings. This is the only red block I got done  for Awesome Land this week.

Here is Block #25 for Afternoon Delight. This project isn't part of RSC and contains no red ... but I did finish it.
Hey look! I spy red on Block #26 of Afternoon Delight. Both of these blocks were assigned for August and I finally finished them up Friday night. I've already downloaded the two blocks which are for September. Need to get busy on those pronto!







Tuesday night we had a Zoom guild meeting. Due to cancelled programs because of COVID, the guild's board decided to do a Make & Take project. About ten days before the meeting, every member in the guild received a small kit with written instructions and a supply list for what we needed to have on hand to complete the project. Nothing weird -- needle, floss, glue, optional beads, etc.

Our project was a scissors fob and it is cute as can be and very doable. Here's the front of mine. Check it out -- red!
Kind of looks like a bloodshot eyeball, doesn't it? Hahahaha! And here's a peek at the back.
More red thread with navy background and white stars. I love the charm I got in my kit -- a sewing machine! Perfect! I want to give a special shout out to the Hearts 'n' Hands Quilt Guild board members for really coming through to entertain us. I forget who we our guest was supposed to have been this month but I know last month we were supposed to have Gudrun Erla of GE Designs! Bummer! I had requested her, the board got her, then the Corona hit. Argh!

Anyway, I certainly appreciate how my guild is doing their very best to be sure that we have quality meetings. Next month we will have a guest Zoom her program for us and I am looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. A little bit done is better than none, Susie. Especially, when one of the done is a lovely RED block for the RSC!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blocks are lovely! The sheep print is fun! That was a great idea for your guild friends to do together on Zoom. My quilt group would probably enjoy something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scissor fob is sew cute! And the lamb fabric in your Awesome Land block is so precious! Zoom meetings are fun! And you can still show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, such a cute scissor fob! I wish there was a quilt guild near me as I miss stitching buddies. I enjoyed your Likes post too. Lovely photo of you and your Mom enjoying that delicious meal. Reminds me of SIL who also loves cooking outdoors and smokes food as well and in the winter too on his deck. Enjoyed seeing your stitching too of course. Happy Stitching from me in my little corner of the woods.

    ReplyDelete