Saturday, September 5, 2020

FNwF & RSC Red

Our Rainbow Scrap Challenge leader Angela has chosen RED for September's color of the month in honor of the little red schoolhouses. After all, it is September when children traditionally go back to or are already in school. Unfortunately 2020 has presented a few problems with that this year. Enough of that. Thanks to Angela, there are lots of digging into our red scraps, creating pretty projects, and sharing at So Scrappy. Let's play!

I only managed to complete one red Awesome Land block. Of course there is one in progress because I was using it as a leader & ender for something else.

All you friends that love red, black, and white together will be exceptionally pleased with the Awesome Land blocks this month.

Speaking of leaders & enders, I've now got a half dozen Easy Peasy blocks. This is the Bonnie Hunter L&E project for this year which started July 1. Let's see how far I get come June 30. Anyway, I'm doing mine all in oranges & blues but I do spy a little red here and there.
Mostly what I've been working on is a little of this. It was a project I started a while ago (last year?) and really want to finish this year. These blocks are webbed with only the rows needing to be sewn together now. Too bad this is an unofficial UFO ... didn't make my official UFO CHallenge list or my 2020 PHD Challenge list. Rats! Working on it anyway! Can you tell it's for Halloween?
Last night was also Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryll at Gone Stitchin'. My handwork project has been these clam shells lately. It's for another challenge and there'll be more about it when I finish it and show it off (hopefully). Last night we went from this .....
To this!

The Kentucky Derby is being run this afternoon. Usually it's run in the spring but due to the pandemic it's been delayed. Mom came down yesterday (Friday) instead of today to catch our community band practicing (playing) in our local park. It was so nice to sit outside and listen to the band. They played oldies all the way to a song from La La Land and it was so enjoyable! We'll enjoy watching the Kentucky Derby together today.

Whatever your plans, make today count!

10 comments:

  1. I do like red, white, and black together! And your Halloween stars look like fun! I like the purple and cheddar together - which makes me think of my cheddar question the other day. Have fun watching the Kentucky Derby today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progress in RED and some Leader/Ender Challenge blocks, too? Way to go!! Enjoy your weekend with your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot going on in your sewing room! Good job. Amazing that I have seen 3 blog posts about clam shells today.....makes me think I have to go check it out and start clamming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple and cheddar are definitely newer Halloween colored. I like them, they seem less somber and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Halloween project...but you have lots going on in your sewing space. Thanks for joining in FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those clamshells look great! Love the halloween stars and the red block for the challenge is great. Those EB blocks sure are fun to make and so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I greatly admire your clamshells. They are about the hardest thing for me to work on, except for maybe hexies. My older eyes make handwork a bit more of a challenge these days. Just got some magnifying glasses that I hope will help, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if I could make just one block, I wish it was as awesome as your red block :-) Your studio looks like a flurry of creative activity. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susie well done on all your beautiful work,you are very clever and i love anything Halloween,enjoy your day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely RSC and projects. You and I were clamshell twins it seems x

    ReplyDelete