Thursday, September 3, 2020

I Like Thursday #5

 Such a fun post to write. Even more fun to read the posts of others. See what I mean HERE.

I spied butternut squash growing in a garden on a walk with Gracie, of course.

Autumn is approaching and that makes me happy. I love Fall! The crisp air, the bluer-than-blue skies, the smell of the Earth getting ready for Winter. Two weeks ago, this tree looked like this.
This past week it looked like this. I've even noticed one of my neighbor's trees has started dropping leaves.

Nothing like a little Fall baking either. I figured we were a little zuked out around here so I pulled out some of the blueberries that I'd frozen while they were at their peak and  made a Lemon-Blueberry Coffee Cake. This recipe is from Our Best Bites which I got from Sherri Fall at A Quilting Life.

It looks loaded with blueberries. Let's cut a piece and see. Of course, it tastes even better with a cup of hot coffee!
There are blueberries in every bite! And that streusel topping is so cinnamony and yummy!

My neighbor loves flowers and the more colorful the better. She talked about her Datura plants and how she wanted me to see them. I was familiar with the plant through my sister who had a beautiful white one in her backyard in Denver but I didn't know they came in other colors. Here is my neighbor's purple datura with a double-ruffle. Very pretty!


This was our sunset last night. Beautiful colors and of course the sky was even more magnificent in person.

I hope you can look around and appreciate all the little things that make up your world. There's peace and happiness if you look for it.


Linking up and sharing positive thoughts with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! That blueberry coffee cake looks delicious. I'll have to check out the recipe as I love baking in the Fall. Especially with blueberries - yummmmmeeeee. It's hard to believe that the leaves are starting to change already. This is my favorite season, too. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost taste that cake over here...yummy....
    Lovely pics of your neighbourhood...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coffee cake looks yummy. Datura is such an interesting plant. Poisonous, they create these fruit looking pods with thorns. Love your walk, isn't amazing how fast the leaves are changing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, beautiful sunset! And that coffeecake looks delicious! Our leaves have started to change already, too - I think it might be because it's been so hot and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some trees are starting to turn here, too. That blueberry cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete