Thursday, September 17, 2020

I Like Thursday #7

Welcome to my post where I show you happy things in my life this past week. There's a group of us that enjoy sharing the goodness in our lives and we are all linked up HERE on Leeanna's blog Not Afraid of Color. There's a lot of interesting things to read about if you happen to wander over there yourself!

I know everyone keeps talking about the Fall weather and we are most definitely enjoying it around here too. We're about to get a cold blast from the north so our temps are going to be dropping even more this weekend. I am a little concerned about my friends in the FL panhandle. Miss Sally has sure been dropping bucket-loads of rain down there and my husband's cousins are on the shore of AL. We've heard from them and they haven't floated away ... yet!

What's going on around here? Folks in my neighborhood are putting out their Autumnal decorations. So pretty!


Mother Nature is dressing up the neighborhood too. Such beautiful colors.



And colors yet to be ....

Mr. Blue-Tail Skink was seen scurrying for the once-beautiful day lilies and irises. The bricks warm up nicely for him there on the south side of our house.

Having a hard time seeing him in there? How's this?!

Yes, that's much better! Ha!

I hate the idea of all the fires burning up all those acres in CA and CO. Animals and people live there! Although I can appreciate the beautiful sunrises we've been having clear out here in IL due to the hazy skies from the smoke.

Wherever you live, whatever you do, I hope you can appreciate all that you have. Wishing you a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susie! Yup, we're having that same cold snap here in SE Wisconsin. Although it's not as chilly this morning and today as I thought it would be. The autumn scenes look so nice and welcoming. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your neighborhood looks so pretty with the fall decorations, Susie! And I am laughing at myself because I read that you had a blue-tailed skunk, and I've never heard of them before, lol! Then I saw your picture and realized what you were talking about. Pretty sunrise, even if it is from the fires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors. I need to get around to digging out my decorations. I love the fall. I see that skink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I do appreciate what I have and my blessings. Thanks for the reminder.

    I enjoyed the stroll through your neighborhood. Too bad I didn't get any exercise doing it.

    ReplyDelete