Thursday, January 19, 2023

I Like Thursday #102

Happy Thursday! I hope this finds you well and happy. If you read on, you'll see what has made me happy this past week. If you need even more happiness, I suggest you visit LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color to see what other bloggers have shared for their likes this week.

I don't have a lot to share this week. A lot of my time has been spent getting Mom to doctor appointments, P/T appointments, hair appointments, etc. No complaints here but facts are facts. I have been able to watch a bit of the Australian Open Tennis. Unfortunately, ESPN hasn't been all that great at showing much. Part of it has to do with the time difference. Melbourne Austrailia is 17 hours ahead of us. YIKES! ESPN does show about three hours of the night's play during the afternoon. I accept! Haha!

I managed to web my Awesome Land quilt blocks yesterday. This pattern is from Lissa Alexander's book "Oh Scrap!" It was fun to make these blocks in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. These were the 81 blocks I thought I'd lost. Happy dance that they were finally found ... right here at home!

Now that I can safely move this project away from my downstairs sewing machine without worrying about them getting mixed up, I can start the quilting on the baby quilt I've been secretly working on. Again, happy dance!

On Wednesday I attended the English Paper Piecing Club at my LQS. First off I was happy to see a familiar face! The meeting this month was mostly a wrap-up of the project they just finished. Then we discussed the next project and got to give input on what we wanted to do. Our first "block" will be this one, shown in scrappy and then in all one designer's fabrics. These were the recommended ways to go for the next project which should result in a good-sized lap quilt. I'm very excited to go next month and get our papers and dig in. I think I'll go with a mix of Primitive Gatherings, Kansas Troubles, and any other fabrics that will mix well together.


I'll leave you this week with a beautiful sunrise Gracie & I saw the other morning.


Enjoy your week!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I LIKE your Awesome Land quilt blocks, this is going to be a nice one. The paper piecing project sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing your fabric selections. Nice sunrise, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a beautiful sunrise! Love your new EPP project - those are great shapes you're making. An EPP group at the LQS sounds like fun! I take my mom for those appointments, too - hair is every Thursday morning. We top it off with a donut at the shop next door! It's a fun little "tradition!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! Gosh, I love your pineapple blocks for RSC this year. It was made using a special ruler? It's a nice size block and it will be a beautiful quilt with all the different colors of pineapples. Yippee for finding those 81 blocks. How annoying that they found themselves in a safe spot, only to be undisturbed until now. That will be one pretty quilt when it's complete. As will the EPP blocks/quilt. I look forward to seeing this project advance. Happy Thursday to you! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty quilt Susie! Love the scrappy look and rainbow colors. The EPP looks like a fun project. Beautiful sunrise. Here we haven't seen the sun for the last days; rain, rain and more to come, which is needed, the reservoirs don't look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt and those paper pieced blocks. What fun! Pretty sunrise - you get up early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I joined an EPP group here at The Quilt Museum in Golden CO just before covid... ah well
    so good to move on to the next steps in a quilt!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt has me smiling. Happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute header photo! Your story of finding your lost blocks is of great encouragement to me as I’ve lost about 50 EPP Grandmother’s Flower Garden hexies! I have hope!
    Ahhh, that scene is definitely lovely! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete