Saturday, January 14, 2023

RSC Dark Blue #2

After I shared this photo of my dark blue scraps and the Mod Pineapple pattern by Quick Curve Ruler...


I set to making a prototype block to see if I would like making a quilt of them. Depending how that goes may determine what size quilt I end up making.

That worked out OK so I made a pair. They are good sized, 14-1/2" x 9-1/2"!

My dark blue sock knitting is progressing as well. One sock done and I've rounded the heel of sock #2, moving towards the toe. The pattern is fairly simple although it looks complicated. Easy enough to watch TV with and not lose too much track. Ha!

I'm also working on a quilted gift and will show pictures of that when finished and given to the recipient so stay tuned!

It was 21 degrees on our walk this morning. I do believe January has made a comeback! UGH!


Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Those pineapple blocks are beautiful. Such a great design with the curved pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Mod Pineapple blocks (and a BLUE sock, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally got some sunshine after just dreary cold days and grey skies.Great progress with your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pineapple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blue pineaple blocks.
    So good to have an easy hand work while watching TV.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blue pineapples! It should be a fun quilt! Your sock looks good. One of these days I will conquer the art of knitting socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great pineapple blocks, Susie! The curved piecing makes them really unique. (I've only ever seen them made with squares and rectangles!) These will be pretty in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh , a blue pineapple .. How elegant. I love it Susie. Stay warm and cozy. Yikes 21 is cooold !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blue socks, they look nice and warm. Are you planning of doing multi colour RSC pineapples? The block looks a bit tricky with those curves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that block! It is going to look great as a quilt... hmmm.. I need to start my block for this month!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pineapples look great - and at that size you will have a quilt in no time! Nice sock. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun block. Always exciting to try out a new ruler. Hope that it warms up soon, but good job on getting out to walk despite the chill

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pineapple blocks are so pretty in blue. I love knitting but have only ever made hats, scarves and one 'sampler' afghan.

    ReplyDelete