Saturday, January 7, 2023

January FNwF and RSC Dark Blue

Earlier in the week I started preparing (testing) how I was going to like making pineapple blocks with my Quick Curve Ruler. I was thinking this might make a pretty quilt using the Rainbow Scrap Challenge prompts. So I pulled out my dark blue scraps (the RSC color for January) and set to work. All I need now is to go through some of the green scraps for the pineapple tops.

Last night was the first Friday Night with Friends of 2023. TV watching is spotty on Friday night here until Blue Bloods comes on. I set about to work on Rudolph for a little while. Here is where I started ...

And here is how I left it last night and went to bed. Did I mention it's a bit time-consuming?

I'm linking up with Cheryll for FNwF at Gone Stitchin' and also with Angela for RSC at SoScrappy. Both of these ladies host fun, stitching groups. If you've got some time, go visit to see what I'm talking about.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Those pineapple blocks look fun! And Rudolph is progressing, so that's good, too. He'll be ready for next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rudolph and yes handwork take time, it always looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the pineapple blocks for your RSC and Rudolf looks so good done like that - worth the time taken...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embroidery you are working on...and good luck with the pineapple blocks. Thanks for coming back to FNwF in 2023... xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really pretty blue scraps. Are those William Morris prints? It's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a clever idea to do pineapples! looking forward to seeing them made up. Rudolph will be ready for Christmas 2023...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your pineapple blocks, beautiful blues. Progress on Rudolph. Handwork takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the pineapples. Rudolph writing is looking great - worth the effort. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pineapple blocks will make a nice RSC project. Your embroidery is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pineapple blocks reminded me that I have some pre printed muslin foundations for pineapple blocks that I could use for the RSC this year. Thanks for the inspiration! Very cute Rudolph embroider! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete