Sunday, August 20, 2023

August FNSI -- Going Around in Circles

This weekend marks Friday Night Sew-In with my global friends. Wendy from Sugarlane Designs organizes this group every 3rd Friday of the month. You can catch up on all the doings HERE if you like.

As for me, I decided I wanted to finish up the July block for the Uptown sew-along. Here's how I started Friday afternoon.


I could easily tell that it was going to be sloppy in the middle. Others had commented that it was a difficult block. I had decided it would be OK to get the outside looking decent and then do what it takes to get the center right. What do you think?

Ta! Da! Looking like it was meant to be! Ha!

While I was at it making circles for centers, I decided to also finish up the Dresden plate block from EPP Club at my LQS.


Very productive weekend. Thank you, Wendy, for gathering us up once again. See you next month!

6 comments:

  1. Your Uptown block is a pretty one! It does look tricky with all its layers, but you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks great Susie and that centre circle looks very much at home! Love the Dresden too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circles finish these things off perfectly! both blocks look lovely - especially love the Dresden plate one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , Susie these blocks are magnificent. You did an amazing job. Can't wait to see next month's project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fantastic job of tidying those center meeting places. I have had to add a button or a circle here and there as I struggle with keeping a meeting place like that neat and tidy. Pretty and interesting block.

    ReplyDelete