Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Another Finish for Table Scraps Challenge!

July finished up with a bang and another finish. A little July=RED tablemat, finishing at a mere 11.5" x 13.5". The pattern by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts was based on an old doll quilt. Hers was called Summer Blues and she worked hers up with a pretty blue reproduction fabric. Since the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for July was red, I decided to use a reproduction red fabric that I kept looking at and never knew quite what to do with it. I think it looks beautiful as my Summer Reds.



I found a large basket filled with fabrics in my Mom's bedroom here at our house. I think they were from when I first started quilting seriously when we first moved here. Anyway, the back is a fat quarter that was in the basket, a sweet off-white fabric with tiny red flower buds scattered across from Blackbird Designs. I think it looks beautiful together with the binding.

Linking up with Joy @ JoyfulQuilter for the Table Scraps Challenge.


4 comments:

  1. Those red fabrics made a nice table mat. Perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red print is so pretty - definitely perfect for this design! Do you have the perfect spot to display this one in your house?
    Congratulations on another finish, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely red finish and a great way to use that fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tablemat turned out beautifully! Reaching into the wayback time machine for supplies for this project was a great choice, Sue. Thanks for joining the Link Party for the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete