Thursday, August 17, 2023

I Like Thursday #125

While we were gone to Knoxville TN for the funeral, there were still things to like. For example, my friend's cat, Jasper. Jasper was adopted by my friend when her mother died and Jasper has made himself right at home these past 9 months or so. He's HUGE cat!
Mom & Jasper
My friend also has a TINY dog named Daisy. She was adopted when her original owners moved. Daisy is a Teacup Yorkie weighing in at a few ounces over two pounds.
Jasper & Daisy
Jasper is big enough and smart enough to make his way to the refrigerator whenever he hears it open. He is always looking for chicken!
While we were in Knoxville, my friend's son and my husband shared a Buc-ee birthday. Have you heard of Buc-ee's? They are humongous gas station/convenience/fast food stores.
Fred & James's Buc-ee birthday
When we got back home, I made Fred a pineapple upside-down cake for his birthday. He loves them!
Three Candles - Happy, Healthy, and Wise

Blow them out!

Have you heard about Primitive Gatherings's Sew-Along? I decided to jump in -- a little late, of course. They're on Week #9 but I've been working on catching up with the block. These are the two blocks from this week. I think they're pretty and I've never used their triangle papers but I will now. They're wonderful!
I'll close with a sweet picture of my son & and his little one, Jakey. Such a great picture.

Thanks goes to LeeAnna for gathering us up once again for I Like Thursday posts!

3 comments:

  1. That is quite a cat - and a tiny little Yorkie! Happy Birthday, Fred! The blocks for the QAL look labor intensive - but I bet making them with a paper foundation really helps that. Your little grand boy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What a big cat and tiny dog! LOL. Cute blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo of your Mom and Jasper and Happy Birthday to Fred . Such a sweet photo of you precious Jakey and his dad as well. You have such a lovely family. I had not heard of the QAL; I will have to check it out. Your blocks are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete